    one of the router ports? The power led only works when an ethernet cable is
    connected into the Internet port. What am I doing wrong or is the ATA
    faulty?

    Charles, Feb 4, 2007

  2. Charles

    Jono Guest

    Charles wrote on 04/02/2007 :
    > I just got my SPA3102 ATA delivered but unable to connect to the web
    > interface to connect. I have connected it to one of the ports on my Netgear
    > router and although I can ping it I cannot access the web interface to
    > configure?
    >
    > Secondly I notice that the Power light kees flashing constantly when one end
    > of the network cable is inserted into the Ethernet Port and the other into
    > one of the router ports? The power led only works when an ethernet cable is
    > connected into the Internet port. What am I doing wrong or is the ATA faulty?

    Try connecting a PC directly to the LAN port of the SPA3102 - it does
    have an integral router, after all. Disable the router part & give the
    SPA a static IP address which matches your regular router's network....

    Jono, Feb 4, 2007

  3. Charles

    Tim Guest

    Charles wrote:
    > I just got my SPA3102 ATA delivered but unable to connect to the web
    > interface to connect. I have connected it to one of the ports on my Netgear
    > router and although I can ping it I cannot access the web interface to
    > configure?

    By default, you will not be able to access the webinterface from the WAN
    (internet) side of the device.

    Tim

    Tim, Feb 5, 2007
  4. Charles

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 21:56:50 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Charles wrote on 04/02/2007 :
    >> I just got my SPA3102 ATA delivered but unable to connect to the web
    >> interface to connect. I have connected it to one of the ports on my Netgear
    >> router and although I can ping it I cannot access the web interface to
    >> configure?
    >>
    >> Secondly I notice that the Power light kees flashing constantly when one end
    >> of the network cable is inserted into the Ethernet Port and the other into
    >> one of the router ports? The power led only works when an ethernet cable is
    >> connected into the Internet port. What am I doing wrong or is the ATA faulty?

    >Try connecting a PC directly to the LAN port of the SPA3102 - it does
    >have an integral router, after all. Disable the router part & give the
    >SPA a static IP address which matches your regular router's network....

    To expand on that... I am looking at this as though the SPA-3102 set
    up tabs are similar to the SPA-3000. On the System tab make the
    'Gateway' and the 'Primary DNS' equal to the IP of your router. Set
    DHCP to 'no'. Assign an IP of your choice, which falls into the
    allowed IP range programmed into your router, to the Static IP for
    your ATA. For example: You might have a router with an IP of
    192.168.1.1 so set the Gateway and Primary DNS to that and use, say,
    192.168.1.5 as the 'Static IP' for your SPA-3102.
    Once that is done you would then call up 192.168.1.5 in your browser.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Feb 5, 2007
  5. Charles

    Jono Guest

    Brian A has brought this to us :
    > On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 21:56:50 GMT, Jono <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Charles wrote on 04/02/2007 :
    >>> I just got my SPA3102 ATA delivered but unable to connect to the web
    >>> interface to connect. I have connected it to one of the ports on my Netgear
    >>> router and although I can ping it I cannot access the web interface to
    >>> configure?
    >>>
    >>> Secondly I notice that the Power light kees flashing constantly when one
    >>> end of the network cable is inserted into the Ethernet Port and the other
    >>> into one of the router ports? The power led only works when an ethernet
    >>> cable is connected into the Internet port. What am I doing wrong or is the
    >>> ATA faulty?

    >> Try connecting a PC directly to the LAN port of the SPA3102 - it does
    >> have an integral router, after all. Disable the router part & give the
    >> SPA a static IP address which matches your regular router's network....

    > To expand on that... I am looking at this as though the SPA-3102 set
    > up tabs are similar to the SPA-3000. On the System tab make the
    > 'Gateway' and the 'Primary DNS' equal to the IP of your router. Set
    > DHCP to 'no'. Assign an IP of your choice, which falls into the
    > allowed IP range programmed into your router, to the Static IP for
    > your ATA. For example: You might have a router with an IP of
    > 192.168.1.1 so set the Gateway and Primary DNS to that and use, say,
    > 192.168.1.5 as the 'Static IP' for your SPA-3102.
    > Once that is done you would then call up 192.168.1.5 in your browser.

    Once logged in, it's likely to be similar to the SPA2100 - the basic
    interface will yield two fields, "Voice" & "Router"

    Jono, Feb 5, 2007
  6. Charles

    Charles Guest

    Thanks for all the good suggestion. I forgot to mention that my PC's are
    connected to a Netgear WPN824 router and would like to connect the the
    SPA3102 directly to one of the ports as my PC's are networked.

    Charles, Feb 6, 2007
  7. Charles

    Jono Guest

    Charles submitted this idea :

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Charles wrote on 04/02/2007 :
    >>> I just got my SPA3102 ATA delivered but unable to connect to the web
    >>> interface to connect. I have connected it to one of the ports on my
    >>> Netgear router and although I can ping it I cannot access the web
    >>> interface to configure?
    >>>
    >>> Secondly I notice that the Power light kees flashing constantly when one
    >>> end of the network cable is inserted into the Ethernet Port and the other
    >>> into one of the router ports? The power led only works when an ethernet
    >>> cable is connected into the Internet port. What am I doing wrong or is the
    >>> ATA faulty?

    >> Try connecting a PC directly to the LAN port of the SPA3102 - it does have
    >> an integral router, after all. Disable the router part & give the SPA a
    >> static IP address which matches your regular router's network....
    >>

    > Thanks for all the good suggestion. I forgot to mention that my PC's are
    > connected to a Netgear WPN824 router and would like to connect the the
    > SPA3102 directly to one of the ports as my PC's are networked.

    That's not a problem, once you have configured it correctly. Indeed, I
    have an SPA2100 connected in the same way as you intend.

    Jono, Feb 6, 2007