    do I need some kind of plugin or something?? I don't understand..

    Thnx,
    Joyce
    Joyce van Calsteren, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Joyce van Calsteren

    °Mike° Guest

    Basic computer maintenance

    Make sure the your internet zone, in Tools / Internet Options /
    Security, is set to 'Default', so that ActiveX controls are allowed.

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:41:41 +0200, in
    <3f6fea62$0$440$>
    Joyce van Calsteren scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Joyce van Calsteren

    °Mike° Guest

    Clean up your system; see the basic maintenance page.

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:02:19 +0200, in
    <3f6fef3b$0$35673$>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003
  4. The security was set to default,, even when I put it 'lower' they still
    don't work :/

    Joyce

    Joyce van Calsteren, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Joyce van Calsteren

    °Mike° Guest

    What does "got new internet" mean?

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:10:27 +0200, in
    <3f6ff122$0$34888$>

    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003
  6. i'm doing that right now...

    Joyce van Calsteren, Sep 23, 2003
  7. i used to have 'normal' cable, but now got a ethernetcard?? (netwerkkaart in
    dutch)..

    Joyce

    Joyce van Calsteren, Sep 23, 2003
  8. Joyce van Calsteren

    °Mike° Guest

    I doubt that's the problem. Clean your system and if you
    still have problems, try the 'Repair' option for Internet
    Explorer in Add\Remove Programs.

    Also check out:

    You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing
    Happens After You Click a Link

    Nothing happens when you click a link
    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

    OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:14:46 +0200, in
    <3f6ff225$0$34895$>

    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003
  9. I think that's the problem, cause i have been having trouble with other
    sites too (sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, with the other
    internet they worked all the time.. )
    I already changed something configuration, but didn't work..

    Joyce

    Joyce van Calsteren, Sep 23, 2003
  10. these sites don't work here :/
    i'm a 100 percent certain it's because of that stupid wanadoo internet
    sites don't work, kazaa does.. I used to change something and then it would
    be ok, but I don't know how anymore :/

    Joyce van Calsteren, Sep 23, 2003
  11. Joyce van Calsteren

    Mad Ad Guest

    its probably your ISP caching servers either inadequate or overloaded - use
    a proxy and put it in IE>tools>internet options>connections>lan
    settings>proxy server

    Mad Ad, Sep 23, 2003
  12. Hi,

    i checked the two sites at school, and they both were flash.. I've already
    installed flash and shockwave before, and again.. but they still don't work
    :/

    Joyce

    /

    Joyce van Calsteren, Sep 23, 2003
  13. Joyce van Calsteren

    °Mike° Guest

    <Sigh!> You're not making any sense, to me.

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:03:11 +0200, in
    <3f6ffd7c$0$35674$>

    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003
  14. Joyce van Calsteren

    Budweiser Guest

    looks like they are flash based sites--go get a pluggin at
    http://www.is2k.harvard.edu/intro/instructions.htm
    yes i know it is not the official but it has a tester on the same page
    try the tester first--if it works it is probbably not a flash issue
    or double check on the macromedia site at
    http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/frameset.fhtml
    hth

    Budweiser, Sep 23, 2003
  15. Joyce van Calsteren

    nemo Guest

    Joyce,

    Do you have a firewall installed?

    I tried the sites and couldn't see then until I turned e-mail
    protection off; e-mail protection blocks embedded objects, mime
    oblects and scripts. The firewall I'm using is Etrust, but they're
    using the ZoneLabs firewall.

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Sep 25, 2003