    B : initial SYN from outside

    Could someone help me determine what this might mean?

    Thanks!

    Jon Doe, Mar 13, 2007

  2. Jon Doe

    chris Guest

    "Jon Doe" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm hoping someone here can help me figure what might be happening here.
    > Source folks initiate a telnet session and they're saying they see the
    > packets go out on their FW, but unable to make a connection. On my FW, I
    > do a "sho conn", and I see the connection but it shows a "UB" flag.
    >
    > The command reference guide shows:
    >
    > U : Up
    > B : initial SYN from outside
    >
    > Could someone help me determine what this might mean?
    >
    > Thanks!

    If you are seeing the connection on your firewall then it looks good. Try
    snooping the traffic on the server that they are telneting to. Can that
    server reply to the host? Does it have it's default gateway set?

    Chris.

    chris, Mar 14, 2007

  3. Jon Doe

    mak Guest

    chris wrote:

    > If you are seeing the connection on your firewall then it looks good. Try
    > snooping the traffic on the server that they are telneting to. Can that
    > server reply to the host? Does it have it's default gateway set?

    or a route back to the source?
    do you have a route back to the server?
    is the server replying to clients in its own LAN?

    mak, Mar 19, 2007