    desktop so that I don't have to spend a couple of hours figuring this out
    again.

    Any help appreciated.
    Peter C. Bogert, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Peter C. Bogert

    Boomer Guest

    "Peter C. Bogert" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I just bought a new computer and am setting up a fresh install of
    > XP Pro.
    >
    > In our office we have six machines connected by a router to
    > broadband internet access. A couple of weeks ago I set up my
    > laptop and desktop machines so that I could share the "My
    > Documents" folders between these two machines but no one else.
    > I'm wondering if there is some simple way to find, transfer, copy,
    > etc. the settings from my old desktop to my new desktop so that I
    > don't have to spend a couple of hours figuring this out again.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    You might want to ask in an XP group also.
    alt.windows-xp
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.*
    microsoft.public.*

    --
    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
    -anOLDun
    Boomer, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Peter C. Bogert

    M Mullen Guest

    On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 07:54:11 -0500, "Peter C. Bogert" <> wrote:

    |> I just bought a new computer and am setting up a fresh install of XP Pro.
    |>
    |> In our office we have six machines connected by a router to broadband
    |> internet access. A couple of weeks ago I set up my laptop and desktop
    |> machines so that I could share the "My Documents" folders between these two
    |> machines but no one else. I'm wondering if there is some simple way to
    |> find, transfer, copy, etc. the settings from my old desktop to my new
    |> desktop so that I don't have to spend a couple of hours figuring this out
    |> again.
    |>
    |> Any help appreciated.

    Edit your user account you can specify your profile to your old computers
    profile. You would just have to insure the old computer was on before you could
    log on to your new one.

    It's ideal for dumb terminals that don't have any real storage space. If you
    dock your laptop to your desktop it could be the way to go.
    --

    M Mullen, Dec 6, 2003