    Is there someway (setting) that controls this?

    Thanks

    Mike
    Mike Niemotka, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Mike Niemotka

    Philip SC Guest

    > I am having a problem with Internet Explorer 5.5 and was hoping
    > someone knew how to locate and change the setting that controls it.
    >
    > I use a website, and when I click on one of the buttons on the site,
    > it should start a download of a .csv file. In the past, the dialog
    > box would open that would allow me to name the file, and locate where
    > it would be saved.
    >
    > Now, for some reason, the dialog box flickers up, and then disappears
    > , and the file is opened up in Excel.
    >
    > Is there someway (setting) that controls this?

    A short-term solution to the problem would be to right-click on the link and
    select the option 'Save target as...'. I'm sure you'll find this works for
    you until someone lets you know the more permanent left-click solution.
    Philip SC, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Mike Niemotka

    dude1968 Guest

    Hello,

    depending on your security settings you might have disabled "file download".

    Set this accordingly and you're set.

    Best

    Alex Felke

    dude1968, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Mike Niemotka

    °Mike° Guest

    In Windows Explorer... Folder Options / File Types.
    Scroll down to the .csv type and double click on it.
    Check 'Confirm open after download'.

    Reboot.

    On 10 Sep 2003 07:26:06 -0700, in
    <>