Help with Sandisk Dual Reader

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Woz, Dec 13, 2003.

  1. Woz

    Woz Guest

    Just got my DR yesterday with an 512MB Ultra II CF card. Tried to
    copy RAW files off of the card with my Sandisk USB Dual reader and it
    crashes.

    Windows 2000. The Dual reader works great with my SmartMedia card.
    When I first put the CF card in, everything seems fine. I seem to be
    able to copy small files off of the card. But when I try to copy the
    RAW files, the green (card present) LED on the reader goes off and
    Win2K eventually comes back with an IO error.

    If I try to remove/unplug the reader and reinsert, I get the ! sign.
    Then I won't even see the drives until I reboot.

    I've tried reinstalling drivers, removing what I could from the
    registry before reinstall, installing new All in 1 drivers for my VIA
    chipset, new USB drivers, etc...

    Help!

    Is the Dual reader (SDDR-75) not compatible with the Ultra II?
    Sandisk's helpsite is useless!
    Woz, Dec 13, 2003