Help with runtime error

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Trick, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Trick

    Trick Guest

    I am using WINXP and Internet explorer v6.

    When I browse some pages (such as www.autotrader.co.uk), I get a funny
    message popping up.

    An error window appears saying:

    "A Runtime error has occurred.

    Do you wish to debug?

    Line: 42

    Error: 'popup.document' is null or not an object"

    What does this mean and how do I rectify?

    Cheers

    Rich

    Trick, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Trick

    relic Guest

    Trick wrote:
    > I am using WINXP and Internet explorer v6.
    >

    > When I browse some pages (such as www.autotrader.co.uk), I get a funny
    > message popping up.
    >
    > An error window appears saying:
    >

    > "A Runtime error has occurred.
    >
    > Do you wish to debug?
    >

    > Line: 42
    >
    > Error: 'popup.document' is null or not an object"
    >

    > What does this mean and how do I rectify?
    >

    > Cheers
    >

    > Rich

    It means,

    the page you're viewing

    has an error in it.

    The problem isn't

    on your PC.

    Go into IE, Tools,

    Internet Options,

    Advanced tab.

    Uncheck "Display an error...."

    and, Check "Disable debugging...."

    --
    Everyone blames the Jews for killing Jesus. They are wrong;
    It was the french!

    relic, Mar 5, 2004