Help with router configuration

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by niju, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. niju

    niju Guest

    Hi there
    I have a Cisco router which has 2 configured interfaces

    E0:201.139.xx.24
    E1:200.201.xx.161

    E0 has three hosts
    201.139.xx.25(used)
    201.139.xx.26(free)
    201.139.xx.27(used)

    E1 has three host

    200.201.xx.162(used)
    200.201.xx.163(used)
    200.201.xx.164(used)

    I ran out of IP address for hosts in E1 subnet, is it possible to
    assign E0's free IP address (201.139.xx.26)to host in E0.if yes how can
    I achieve this.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Niju

    niju, Oct 22, 2005

  2. niju

    Merv Guest

    These IP addresses are public IP addresses, so either ask your ISP for
    a larger allocation or use network address translation (NAT).

    Merv, Oct 22, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    "niju" <> wrote:

    > Hi there
    > I have a Cisco router which has 2 configured interfaces
    >
    > E0:201.139.xx.24
    > E1:200.201.xx.161
    >
    > E0 has three hosts
    > 201.139.xx.25(used)
    > 201.139.xx.26(free)
    > 201.139.xx.27(used)
    >
    > E1 has three host
    >
    > 200.201.xx.162(used)
    > 200.201.xx.163(used)
    > 200.201.xx.164(used)
    >
    > I ran out of IP address for hosts in E1 subnet, is it possible to
    > assign E0's free IP address (201.139.xx.26)to host in E0.if yes how can
    > I achieve this.

    The address ranges you show should have several more usable addresses.
    The smallest subnet that contains E0's address is 201.139.xx.16/20, with
    usable addresses 201.139.xx.17-30. And the smallest subnet for E1 is
    200.201.xx.160/29, with usable addresses 200.201.xx.161-166. So why are
    you out of addresses?

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA

    Barry Margolin, Oct 22, 2005
  4. niju

    niju Guest

    My apologies for not making this clear at front. The addresses i have
    mentioned here are only example and i have completely used all the
    address in E1 only free address i have is on E0 subnet.

    Niju

    niju, Oct 22, 2005