    Allen Tomlinson

    remove (now) from above

    , Jan 4, 2004

  2. Rifleman Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, and thanks for reading this...
    > I accidentally deleted important files from my Iomega external disk
    > drive = 100meg.
    > I looked in 'recycle bin' - not there?
    > tried 'restore' - no good?
    > cannot find where they were sent by the Iomega drive?
    > Is there any advice or help you can give me please?
    > I use win M.E.
    > thanks for any urgent replies.
    >
    > Allen Tomlinson
    >
    > remove (now) from above

    I'm afraid you're stuffed AFAIK - if you delete files from any removable
    media such as floppy or zip, they delete immediately, gone, zippo!

    Rifleman, Jan 4, 2004

  3. B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:27:09 +0000, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

    > I'm afraid you're stuffed AFAIK - if you delete files from any removable
    > media such as floppy or zip, they delete immediately, gone, zippo!

    Rubbish.
    --
    B.Al.Zeebub
    Registered Linux User #339345

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Unk Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:59:44 +0000, wrote:

    >Hello, and thanks for reading this...
    >I accidentally deleted important files from my Iomega external disk
    >drive = 100meg.
    >I looked in 'recycle bin' - not there?
    >tried 'restore' - no good?
    >cannot find where they were sent by the Iomega drive?
    >Is there any advice or help you can give me please?
    >I use win M.E.
    >thanks for any urgent replies.
    >
    >Allen Tomlinson
    >
    >remove (now) from above

    First off, DON'T USE IT AGAIN. That will overwrite anything on it.
    See if one of your friends has Norton SystemWorks installed and a Zip Drive.
    If yes, have him run the 'Norton UnErase Wizard' on the disk.

    Unk, Jan 5, 2004
  5. B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:59:44 +0000, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

    > Hello, and thanks for reading this...
    > I accidentally deleted important files from my Iomega external disk
    > drive = 100meg.
    > I looked in 'recycle bin' - not there?
    > tried 'restore' - no good?
    > cannot find where they were sent by the Iomega drive?
    > Is there any advice or help you can give me please?
    > I use win M.E.
    > thanks for any urgent replies.
    >
    > Allen Tomlinson
    >
    > remove (now) from above

    Know anyone who runs Linux or Mac OSes? Take your drive and disc and
    visit. Alternatively:
    http://www.knoppix.org/
    http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/mandrakemove/
    ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/live-eval-9.0
    Any one of these will be able to read the disc and recover the files if
    they haven't been overwritten.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 5, 2004
  6. Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:59:44 +0000, wrote:

    >Hello, and thanks for reading this...
    >I accidentally deleted important files from my Iomega external disk
    >drive = 100meg.
    >I looked in 'recycle bin' - not there?
    >tried 'restore' - no good?
    >cannot find where they were sent by the Iomega drive?
    >Is there any advice or help you can give me please?
    >I use win M.E.
    >thanks for any urgent replies.
    >
    >Allen Tomlinson
    >
    >remove (now) from above

    A big thank you to those who replied!
    I will be seeking out the appropriate answers asap.
    I will reply to this thread.
    Once again thanks, (Great group this!)

    Allen Tomlinson

    remove (now) from above

    , Jan 6, 2004
  7. tos2774

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Hey

    this program works. I bet you can find a program that is free that does the same thing...but i know this works. I bet you could find a serial for it somewhere.

    http://www.winundelete.com/download.asp

    Ciao
    Tos

    tos2774, Oct 7, 2006