    procedures such as these. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thank you-
    Norma

    njordan100, Sep 17, 2003

  2. njordan100

    Philip SC Guest

    No - you'll end up corrupting the installation horribly.

    "njordan100" <> wrote in message
    > I tried to post this to an actual NG devoted to PC Motherboard Q's and

    got
    > no answer. Perhaps someone here can advise me?
    >
    > I have a Compaq PC, Win98, originally with an AMD Anthlon Processor
    > 700 MHz MS SBE 2000. I ordered it custom made. The motherboard crashed
    > and was replaced by a local computer guru with a Slot A Processor

    Mainboard,
    > GA-71XE. He was able to
    > salvage most of the files and programs on the hard drive, however some

    were
    > replaced with equals. I have since purchased a new computer and have

    moved

    Philip SC, Sep 17, 2003

  3. njordan100

    njordan100 Guest

    Thank you Philip-

    Is there an alternative for me? I assume that I should just delete my
    personal files and some of the programs that I had installed?

    Norma

    njordan100, Sep 17, 2003
  4. njordan100

    Plato Guest

    njordan100 wrote:

    > My question...Can I use the original Compaq Restore Disks on the old
    > computer? It seriously needs to be cleaned up. I am not knowledgeable on

    Those disks are mated with the original system.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Sep 19, 2003