    Does anyone know of a utility that will recover the data?
    Your help will be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

    Film Buff, Nov 8, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    Film Buff <> wrote:
    >I Recorded a movie off TCM this afternoon
    >When it finished it stated "Writing file information"
    >When the message disappeared I assumed it was finished just as my other
    >recording had stated.
    >When I went to finalize the DVD - it gave me an error and said it could not finalize
    >It.
    >Does anyone know of a utility that will recover the data?
    >Your help will be greatly appreciated
    >Thanks

    I've had good look with ISO-Buster. There is a free version that
    does not do as much as the $30 version - and I liked it so well
    I went for the pay version about 2 years ago.

    It can be configured to add zeroes for non-readable sectors, it can
    look for data by file-type, and myriad other options.

    On a disk with a lot of bad sections it can take a LONG time.
    I had one take about 8 hours on an overnight run but recovered
    >most< of the data.

    Bill
    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com