    DVD.

    Thanks for any suggestions.

    Tony

    Tony, Nov 3, 2003

  2. "Tony" <> wrote in message
    news:3fa6baaa$0$95044$...
    > I am trying to make a copy of my wedding DVD. I can watch in on DVD player
    > without any problems. But I can not make a safety copy. One of the files

    is
    > giving me CRC error when I am trying to copy it. I have tried to use Any

    DVD
    > with Clone DVD but it is giving me an error message too. What tool I can

    use
    > to copy this DVD to my HDD and burn it to new DVD ? Using IsoBuster I have
    > managed to create tao files but I can not find any way to put it back on
    > DVD.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions.
    >
    > Tony

    321 Studios puts out a product called DVDRescue.....I can't tell you if it's
    any good or not, as i haven't used it , but you might want to look into it.

    Paintballmavin, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Tony

    eNo Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to make a copy of my wedding DVD. I can watch in on DVD player
    > without any problems. But I can not make a safety copy. One of the files

    is
    > giving me CRC error when I am trying to copy it. I have tried to use Any

    DVD
    > with Clone DVD but it is giving me an error message too. What tool I can

    use
    > to copy this DVD to my HDD and burn it to new DVD ? Using IsoBuster I have
    > managed to create tao files but I can not find any way to put it back on
    > DVD.

    Give SmartRipper or with DVDDecrypter a try.

    --
    eNo
    "Why am I here?"

    eNo, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Tony

    whataboutme Guest

    On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:15:18 -0800, "eNo" <> wrote:

    >"Tony" <> wrote in message
    >> I am trying to make a copy of my wedding DVD. I can watch in on DVD player
    >> without any problems. But I can not make a safety copy. One of the files

    >is
    >> giving me CRC error when I am trying to copy it. I have tried to use Any

    >DVD
    >> with Clone DVD but it is giving me an error message too. What tool I can

    >use
    >> to copy this DVD to my HDD and burn it to new DVD ? Using IsoBuster I have
    >> managed to create tao files but I can not find any way to put it back on
    >> DVD.

    >Give SmartRipper or with DVDDecrypter a try.

    Have to agree both of these are excellent tools for ripping DVDs and
    best of all they're free. You find find links to both on the following
    page.
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools
    Theres a lot of info so use your broswers "find" function to locate
    the names of these tools on the page.
    Cheers
    Joe

    whataboutme, Nov 3, 2003
  5. Tony

    Steve Guest

    In message <>, whataboutme
    <> writes
    >On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:15:18 -0800, "eNo" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Tony" <> wrote in message
    >>> I am trying to make a copy of my wedding DVD. I can watch in on DVD player
    >>> without any problems. But I can not make a safety copy. One of the files

    >>is
    >>> giving me CRC error when I am trying to copy it. I have tried to use Any

    >>DVD
    >>> with Clone DVD but it is giving me an error message too. What tool I can

    >>use
    >>> to copy this DVD to my HDD and burn it to new DVD ? Using IsoBuster I have
    >>> managed to create tao files but I can not find any way to put it back on
    >>> DVD.

    >>Give SmartRipper or with DVDDecrypter a try.

    >Have to agree both of these are excellent tools for ripping DVDs and
    >best of all they're free. You find find links to both on the following
    >page.
    >http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools
    >Theres a lot of info so use your broswers "find" function to locate
    >the names of these tools on the page.
    >Cheers
    >Joe

    You could also try copying it from the burner as they some times have a
    better read than the straight dvd drives
    --
    Steve

    Steve, Nov 4, 2003
  6. Tony

    Mike T Guest

    Try http://www.dvdshrink.org/ it is freeware and works very well for ripping
    DVD disks.

    Mike T

    Mike T, Nov 4, 2003
  7. Tony

    Doug Cutler Guest

    Well, I have to say that I have the same problem as Tony with one of my
    discs. I have already tried all the options presented over the last few
    days but all stop at the same point with the same CRC message. It occurs
    with both my Lite on DVD reader and my Pioneer DVD writer (as a player).
    There are some obvious slight scratches on the disk so I am wondering if one
    of those $30 disc cleaning machines will fix it.
    Doug.

    Doug Cutler, Nov 4, 2003
  8. "Mike T" <mtallent@u$-i$p.net> wrote in message
    > Try http://www.dvdshrink.org/ it is freeware and works very well for

    ripping
    > DVD disks.

    No shrinking is needed - if they managed to fit it onto a burned disc to
    start with it will be fine.

    Trevor Gensch, Nov 5, 2003
  9. Tony

    unclejr Guest

    "Doug Cutler" <> wrote...
    > There are some obvious slight scratches on the disk so I am wondering if one
    > of those $30 disc cleaning machines will fix it.

    I would first try buffing out the scratches with Soft Scrub to see if
    that works before going with the Disc Doctor. Soft Scrub is abrasive
    enough to smooth out the scratches, but not abrasive enough to remove
    the plastic protective layer altogether!

    HTH,

    -Junior

    unclejr, Nov 5, 2003