    Any Ideas on the reason & how I can rectify it, It's also stopping me
    deleting mail out of my boxes,
    Many thanks for any help

    Sharonius, Jul 23, 2004

  2. On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:05:27 +0100, "Sharonius"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Guys,
    >Whenever I try to send mail using OE it fails & I get this:
    >
    >"An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No,
    >Error Number: 0x800C0131"
    >
    >Any Ideas on the reason & how I can rectify it, It's also stopping me
    >deleting mail out of my boxes,
    >Many thanks for any help

    From a web page brought up as the first hit on a Google search on the
    above;

    Outlook Express: Errors, Problems, Solutions
    An Internet Resources Page
    by: Bob in Houston Your PI Homepage
    Tech Help Index
    Software Fit For A Geek
    Site Map

    Updated: 02/22/04 02:30 am

    Problem or Error
    Outlook Express Error Codes
    Windows Error Codes

    Error 405 when sending mail
    Error number: 480 Code: 800ccca4

    Error 553 when sending mail
    Outlook Express can't remember passwords 02/22/04 02:30 am

    Error Message: Your password was rejected. Account "account name"
    Server pop.domain.net Protocol Pop3 Server response ERR 302 command
    pass requires 1 args Port110 Server SSL No. server Error OX800CCC90
    Error 0X800CCC92
    When I try to encrypt my messages, this is the message I get: "You do
    not have a valid digital ID in the address book."
    Links In Outlook Express mail and news don't work.
    Unable to remove infopane
    MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in Pimab32.dll
    An unknown error has occurred..... Server Response: '501 Invalid
    domain name.... Server Error 501, Error Number 0x800CCC63
    An Unknown error has occurred.
    Account:'user.name',Server:'mail.virgin.net',Protocol: POP3, Port:
    110, Secure(SSL):No, Error Number:0x80004005
    An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure(SSL):
    No, Error Number: 0x800C0131
    Unable to start Outlook Express. Some of the components may be busy
    or missing
    Illegal Operations in Outlook Express
    Unable to print messages in Outlook Express
    Unable to start Outlook Express or send an email message
    Outlook Express could not be started because msoe.dll could not be
    initialized
    Outlook Express Could Not Be Started Because MSOE.DLL Could Not Be
    Loaded
    Disconnects occur after opening Outlook Express
    How to fully remove Outlook Express - Windows 95/98

    Error logging onto mail server. Password was rejected. Acct:
    'pop.prodigy.net' Server '127.0.0.1,' Protocol: POP3, Server
    Response:'-ERR307 username/password invalid,' Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
    No Server Error: 0 x 800CCC90. Error number: 0 x 800CCC92
    Backup and Recovery

    Attachment Problem: with 'unknown' winmail.dat or att1.unk
    If you receive attachments att1.unk or winmail.dat that can't be
    opened or used?
    When I try to delete a message in Outlook Express, I get an error box
    reading "The message could not be deleted".
    EML attachments don't open or open the wrong application

    Solutions

    Error 405 when sending mail
    Check the account properties, especially the reply-to address.
    top

    Error number: 480 Code: 800ccca4 The Error Reads
    480 Authentication Required
    Configuration:
    Account: news account (news-byoa.prodigy.net)
    Server: news server (news-byoa.prodigy.net)
    Protocol: NNTP
    Port: 119
    Server: (SSL):0
    Error number: 480
    Code: 800ccca4
    The solution is
    - Open Outlook Express
    - Click Tools and Accounts...
    - Click the news tab
    - click on news-byoa.prodigy.net (the server) in the list.
    - Select properties,
    Screenshot

    In the next panel:
    - Select the server tab.
    - Check the box for "This server requires me to login."
    - Fill in your username and password (your username is your complete,
    primary email address, and the password is your current network log on
    password).
    - Don't select "Use secure password authentication." (Check with your
    provider for username and security details)
    Screenshot

    top

    Error 553 when sending mail
    Check the account properties, especially the reply-to address.
    Check the Address Book is set up correctly.
    Check the recipients address in the To: field is a valid address.
    top

    Outlook Express keeps prompting for your password
    This may be caused by a damaged Registry key in Windows® XP
    To Remove the broken Key in Windows® XP see this website
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm -
    Thursday, April 03, 2003

    Outlook Express refuses to remember passwords
    Despite telling Outlook Express to remember your passwords, it keeps
    forgetting them. Try this:
    - Go to the DOS prompt (Start/Shut Down/Restart the computer in MS-DOS
    Mode).
    -- For Windows 95/98 go to your ...\Windows\System directory,
    -- for Windows NT/2k/XP go to your ...\WinNT\System32 directory.
    - Now type: pstores -install
    - The next time you give OE your password, it should be saved.
    Friday 25 July 2003

    Cannot Save E-Mail Account Password in Outlook Express
    (Webroot Software Window Washer are involved)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228713
    02/22/04 02:30 am

    Outlook Express Does Not Save the Mail Server Logon Password - from
    the MS Knowledgebase
    -- (Q216382) Cannot Save E-Mail Account Password in Outlook Express
    (Win98/Me/NT4)
    -- Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP
    top

    ERR302 command passrequires 1 args Port110 Server SSL No. server
    ErrorOX800CCC90Error0X800CCC92
    In Outlook/Outlook Express :
    - Click on Tools | Accounts | and on the account "account name".
    - Select [Properties]
    - On the "Servers" Tab UNcheck the box that says "Secure Password
    Authentication Account" near the bottom of the panel.

    top

    Disconnects occur after opening Outlook Express
    This may be caused by Outlook Express attempting to get Windows to
    dial when a connection to the Internet is already present. Try the
    following to resolve the issue:
    - on the Outlook Express toolbar select
    tools | accounts | mail tab | properties button | connection tab
    - check mark the "always connect to this account using" box
    - select Local Area Network from the dropdown list.
    - click apply and ok
    This will cause OE to use the existing connection and not cause a
    disconnect by trying to dial when a connection already exists.
    Monday, December 03, 2001
    top

    When I try to encrypt my messages, I get this message: "You do not
    have a valid digital ID in the address book.". To solve it:
    -- Check to see if something is entered in the Reply To field under
    Tools | Accounts | Mail | Your Server | Properties | General.
    If there is, clear the Reply To field.
    OR
    -- If that doesn't work, then perhaps you have selected"Include myself
    when sending encrypted mail" but you haven't added your own Digital ID
    to a WAB entry.
    To do that, simply send yourself a Digitally signed message and then
    add your certificate to the WAB,
    OR
    -- UNcheck "Include myself when sending encrypted mail".
    top

    Links In Outlook Express mail and news don't work.
    If you click on links in OE mail and news and they do not work, it's
    because Outlook Express is not your default mail and news program and
    IE is not your default browser. Do this:
    1--In Outlook Express, go to Tools | Options and make sure that
    "Make Outlook Express my default mail program" and
    "Make Outlook Express my default news reader are checked.
    2--In IE, go to View | Internet Options | Programs
    and select OE for mail and news.
    Also, be sure "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the
    default browser" is checked.
    If the problem persists, see:
    OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as
    NOTE: Prodigy members install the PIv5 patch found at
    http://help.prodigy.net/help/enhance/win95/v5fix.html or
    http://help.prodigy.net/help/enhance/win2000/w2000.html
    top

    An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Test Mail,' Server:
    'smtp.test.net,' Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 Invalid domain
    name,' Port: 25, Secure (SSL): No, Server Error 501, Error Number
    0x800CCC63
    Try changing the computer name for this error.
    - Go to Control Panel | Network. (Install Client for Microsoft
    Networks if it is not listed).
    - After that is done, in Control Panel | Network,
    - click on the Identification tab
    - and change the computer name to something short,
    (Suggest the name be simple ASCII, no space characters, no special
    characters, and do not include the domain name of your ISP)
    top

    An Unknown error has occurred. Account:'user.name', Server:
    'pop.domain.net',Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL):No, Error
    Number:0x80004005
    The pop3uidl.dat file is corrupt. This file contains all the
    information regarding which messages on the server should be
    downloaded, etc.
    - Close OE
    - delete the file pop3uidl.dat
    - then open OE and check the mail account settings again.
    - Fetch your email

    top

    An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure(SSL):
    No, Error Number: 0x800C0131
    This error may be generated if the Folders.dbx file is missing,
    damaged, or in the read-only attribute state

    RESOLUTION
    Rename the Folders.dbx file. Here is how:
    1. Close Outlook Express and Click Start | Find (Search), and then
    click Files or Folders.
    2. In the Named box, type folders.dbx.
    3. In the Look In box, select the primary hard disk (usually drive C),
    and then click Find Now.
    4. Right-click on the file, folders.dbx, and Rename.
    5. Type folders.bak, and enter.
    6. Re-Start Outlook Express. This creates a new Folders.dbx file
    automatically.

    The Great Cornholio, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Sharonius

    Sharonius Guest