Help with PRI/ISDN recv'ed digits routing

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by A Dickson, Feb 10, 2006.

  1. A Dickson

    A Dickson Guest

    Hi guys, I have a Cisco MC3810 running IOS 12.3d9 and 12.3d6 both are
    having the same 'problem' (I use that term lossely because I'm pretty
    sure the problem is my configuration)

    I'm having trouble matching the incoming digits on the DVM to the
    dial-peer's. Going from VoIP to ISDN is working no problem. However the
    Cisco seems to auto-answer any incoming ISDN call regardless of the
    'dial-peer voice xxx pots' entires and the called number calling
    inbound to the Cisco on the PRI, after it auto-answers it just gives
    the dialtone and listen for digits and then trys to map the call based
    on those digits entired by DTMF

    What do I have todo to get the incoming digits from the ISDN PRI to
    get matched against the dial-peers, is it not matching against the
    'dial-peer voice xxxx pots' entires ??

    I've tried configuring both ends of the PRI for NI-2 and DMS100. I can
    make and receive calls in and out of the PRI no problem, so I think
    their doesn't seem to be any problem with the physical link L2-3 link.
    When I do a 'debug isdn q921' I see the digits getting corectly passed
    to the Cisco but it still doesn't route based on said digits

    Thanks in advance
    A Dickson, Feb 10, 2006

  2. A Dickson

    Horst Wagner Guest

    Antw: Help with PRI/ISDN recv'ed digits routing

    Hi,
    configure " direct-inward-dial " on your pots-dial-peer.

    cheers Horst
    Horst Wagner, Feb 10, 2006

  3. A Dickson

    A Dickson Guest

    Re: Antw: Help with PRI/ISDN recv'ed digits routing

    Thanks very much man going to try that now
    A Dickson, Feb 11, 2006
  4. A Dickson

    A Dickson Guest

    Re: Antw: Help with PRI/ISDN recv'ed digits routing

    Okay this is on a MC3810

    I can only use the 'direct-inward-dial' on 'dial-peer voice 879 pots'
    is this what you meant ?

    I think I'm misunderstanding what you, however I tried putting the
    'DID' my dial-peer voice 979 pots consist of
    dial-peer voice 879 pots
    destination-pattern 879T
    port 1:23
    direct-inward-dial

    I don't understand how that would effeect incoming calls on the ISDN
    line, which is what leads me to believe I've misunderstood

    I do have VOIP dial peers set for the incoming numbers that are
    appearing ont the PRI
    (and I've verified with Q921 debugging). In the interface serial1:23
    I've also trunk using the 'connection' prefix with no results

    Any hints

    Thanks very much, Adam
    A Dickson, Feb 11, 2006
  5. A Dickson

    A Dickson Guest

    Re: Antw: Help with PRI/ISDN recv'ed digits routing

    OKay my bad, forgot about the 'incoming' tag

    Thanks very much !!
    A Dickson, Feb 11, 2006
  6. A Dickson

    Horst Wagner Guest

    So does it work now?
    Horst Wagner, Feb 12, 2006
  7. A Dickson

    A Dickson Guest

    Well sort-o-kind-o-almost ----- no

    The DID keyword is working, however I have a problem with a dial-peer
    that I haven't had the time to figure out

    I'm not sure if there's a problem with the size of the DN (because
    upto now I've only tried 4 digit DN's) and then of couse that could
    have nothing todo with it. But just messing with dial-peer's is nothing
    I'm getting used too. I was unaware of the DID keyword though

    Thanks again!
    Adam
    A Dickson, Feb 12, 2006
  8. A Dickson

    A Dickson Guest

    OKay got the DID working, which brings me to a next bring. When using
    the DID and only the DID (it's fine when the PRI using put digits into
    the AA dialtone - they get a ringtone) the caller doesn't get a ring
    tone when the other side is ringing. They only get silence, when
    somebody calls my extension they just get nothing - dead - until I
    answer or it timesout to my voicemail, at which point everything is
    fine .

    Thanks
    Adam
    A Dickson, Feb 13, 2006
  9. A Dickson

    Horst Wagner Guest

    Try this:
    !
    voice call send-alert
    !
    Horst Wagner, Feb 13, 2006
  10. A Dickson

    A Dickson Guest

    Thanks man, next problem. It appears that the Cisco may have a default
    ISDN/PRI redirection limit of one (not IP direction). I've read about
    the 'max-redirection' keyword that is enter in the pots dial-peer.
    However I only ever have the option of max.conns. When I 'show' the
    dialpeer I can seee the redirection limit at 1. Any idea how to change
    this ??
    A Dickson, Feb 15, 2006
  11. A Dickson

    A Dickson Guest

    Ummm no dice, still no ring tone. Any more hints ?

    Thanks
    Adam
    A Dickson, Feb 16, 2006
  12. A Dickson

    A Dickson Guest

    Sorry if this is a dup, I posted a message this morning and it still
    hasn't shown up so I'll repost

    Okay, Horst I just tried the 'voice call send-alert' and no joy

    Any more hints ??
    A Dickson, Feb 16, 2006
  13. A Dickson

    anban

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    ISDN -PRI 30 line mapping to Particular extention

    Hello Every one

    Cisco 2851 router
    I have connected the ISDN-PRI line to my VWIC2-1MFT E1/T1 controller interface.
    Problem:
    If any body is calling my pilot number (555xxx) its reaching my reception If the number is like this 555-238 or 555-900 still I can recieve the call ,because the last three digits can be anything to reach my office , Now I want map the particular last three digit to my particular IP Phone extention ,

    Example:

    If some one is calling 555-254 it has to go to ext 254
    If some one is calling 555-224 it has to go to ext 224

    Like wise
    If some ine is calling 555-100 it has to go to Fax machine

    How can identify the incoming number is 555-254 and how can tranfer the call automatically to that 254 extention ...

    please help me

    anban
    anban, Jul 9, 2008