    a reply beneath the user's question. Im sure yesterday I had an icon that
    just said 'post' but its not there today :-s. Would appreciate advise.
    Robyn

    Robyn, Mar 11, 2007

  2. Robyn

    Richard Guest

    Robyn
    Are you using Outlook Express to read the newsgroups?

    If so just right click anywhere on the tool bar, select customize and add or
    remove any buttons you prefer.

    Richard

    Richard, Mar 11, 2007

  3. Robyn

    Robyn Guest

    Cheers Richard Im replying using the "Reply Group" Icon - I hope that is
    right! I dont appear to be missing any icons - I guess Im just finding my
    feet.

    Robyn

    Robyn, Mar 11, 2007
  4. Robyn

    Richard Guest

    I think you've got down.

    Cheers from Florida, where it is an absolutely beautiful day!

    Richard

    Richard, Mar 11, 2007
  5. My Vista weather gadget says it is 76 degrees. Man I love living in
    Florida!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 11, 2007
  6. Robyn

    Robyn Guest

    lol thanks from UK where we too have had a beautiful sunny early spring day
    so im not jealous ;-)

    Robyn, Mar 11, 2007
  7. Robyn

    Robyn Guest

    what is it with you guys and the weather - i thought it was us Brits who
    were supposed to be obsessed with the weather lol. Been a beautiful sunny
    mild spring day here and just the last few years our summers are hot hot hot
    too.

    Robyn, Mar 11, 2007
  8. Robyn

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Robyn" wrote:

    > lol thanks from UK where we too have had a beautiful sunny early spring day
    > so im not jealous ;-)
    >
    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > >I think you've got down.
    > >
    > > Cheers from Florida, where it is an absolutely beautiful day!
    > >
    > > Richard

    Hi

    I'm based in the UK too (last summer was HOT stuff!). I'm visiting the
    States for 3 weeks this August; spending the first week in New York, then
    flying south to Florida for 2 weeks. Hiring a car and villa in Kissimee.
    This will be the first time I've ever visited the States and I'm SOOOOOO
    excited!

    IT Girl

    TheITGirl, Mar 11, 2007
  9. Hey well let me know, I live in Jacksonville (about 2 hours or so away
    from Kissimee). That is a good excuse to take a day trip to visit one of
    my fellow MCDSTs -- and well the theme parks too. :) You think the UK
    is hot in the summer, you are coming to Florida in August and in
    hurricane season.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 11, 2007
  10. In Florida, you have to be always conscience of the weather. Come to
    think about it, the only thing we probably do not have to worry about is
    snow. But when hurricane season arrives; it sucks always watching your
    back. :) Hopefully it will be a slow year.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 11, 2007
  11. Robyn

    Richard Guest

    I hear you Michael, I'm in Clearwater...between the heat and humidity,
    and now the home owners insurance, Florida is fast becoming
    somewhere I question I want to be.

    Richard'

    Richard, Mar 12, 2007
  12. How do IT personnel in Florida handle disaster recovery for hurricanes? Do
    they store their critical business applications and data backups in
    different states? Just curious now

    Keith Chilton, Mar 12, 2007
  13. Remote backup data centers are key. Businesses such as this as becoming
    widely popular; however bandwidth may be an issue for some. There are
    hosted solutions in which *your* servers and data are located in a
    secure data center. A friend of mine in Orlando operates such a
    business. For those SMBs, daily/weekly backups to a removable media is
    the way to go. However, you MUST educate the users (i.e. business
    owners) to TAKE the backup offsite. I have seen a disaster first hand
    where the production machines, backups, and the supposedly off site
    backups were all in what remained of the chard building. Sucks to be in
    that position.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 12, 2007
  14. Taking the good with the bad one day at a time! :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 12, 2007
  15. We have a Disaster Recovery Site for our corporate office located about 45
    minutes away. All of our software is stored there and we have plug and play
    machine ready to go in the event of a disaster. I am however worried about
    our Active Directory on our Windows 2000 Server. I am going to focus my
    efforts on backing it up to our Disaster Recovery site. We will need to make
    another Primary Domain Controller to do this. And I'm familiar with doing
    that at all. That is part of the reason I want to do this MCSA 2000 thing. I
    am worried about disasters and want to be prepared in the event we have one.
    Our business critical data is backed up with rotating cartridge tapes for
    most of our servers. Anyways, it is a primary concern of mine. Thank you for
    your response. I will probably focus most of my upcoming learning for the
    MCSA on disaster recovery topics and group policy. I want to be an effective
    Systems Administrator and lead the way to a better prepared future for the
    company. Along the way I believe it will give me valuable on-hand
    experience.

    Keith Chilton, Mar 12, 2007