Help with possible hacker

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Blackmesa8, May 30, 2004.

  1. Blackmesa8

    Blackmesa8 Guest

    Hi all
    i need some help here i used to be friends with this kid called rob that
    experimented with hacking well about 2 weeks ago we fell out majorly and
    since then i been getting activity from his ip, i know its his since we were
    friends for over 5 years and his ip is static.
    The thing is one of the reasons we fell out was cause he was all threatning
    me and joking around with hacking me etc anyway i keep getting stuff like
    this in my xp firewall log heres an example

    2004-05-20 19:47:42 DROP TCP 217.155.42.138 217.155.3827 445 48 S
    3366706035 0 65535 - - -
    2004-05-20 19:47:45 DROP TCP 217.155.42.138 217.155.3827 445 48 S
    3366706035 0 65535 - - -
    2004-05-20 19:47:51 DROP TCP 217.155.42.138 217.155.3827 445 48 S
    3366706035 0 65535 - - -

    before you notice yea our ip's are simuler cause we both have the same isp i
    took the last 6 digits out my ip..... i may be target by one person i dont
    want more people to start hacking me lol
    Anyway any advice on what i can do to stop his n00bish hacking attemps on me
    would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    blackmesa8
    Blackmesa8, May 30, 2004

  2. Blackmesa8

    Trent SC Guest

    Send an abuse report to his/your ISP, and if you're relying on the built-in
    Windows XP firewall, install another one sharpish. ZoneAlarm is simple and
    straightforward, although there have been reports of conflicts with its
    current release and AVG anti virus. If you can download the last-but-one
    release, you'll be fine.

    Trent SC, May 30, 2004

  3. Blackmesa8

    °Mike° Guest

    Send the complete firewall log of the attacks to
    his ISP; be certain that it is *his* ISP you send it
    to. Explain the situation to them.

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 23:07:51 +0100, in
    <40ba5b38$0$4580$>
    Blackmesa8 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 30, 2004
  4. Blackmesa8

    Blackmesa8 Guest

    Ok ill contact zen adsl about it
    any here ever used BlackICE firewall and is it good i used zonealarm before
    but it sometimes slowed my pc down blackICE looks quite small its easy on
    the ram is it anygood?
    Blackmesa8, May 31, 2004
  5. Blackmesa8

    Juan Pérez Guest

    > Ok ill contact zen adsl about it
    > any here ever used BlackICE firewall and is it good i used zonealarm
    > before but it sometimes slowed my pc down blackICE looks quite small
    > its easy on the ram is it anygood?

    I had BlackIce a few years ago, used it for 2 - 3 years with no notable
    incidents. When zonealarm became so heavily recommended in this and
    other groups, I uninstalled BI and used za for a few days, didn't like
    it, deleted it and have been successfully using NeoWatch though it has
    been sold and is not supported by the new owner. I plan on trying
    Outpost next because of the good word out on it.
    Juan Pérez, May 31, 2004
  6. Blackmesa8

    Blackmesa8 Guest

    hmmm i think ill try BlackICE it looks quite good
    thanks
    Blackmesa8, May 31, 2004
  7. Blackmesa8

    Juan Pérez Guest

    > hmmm i think ill try BlackICE it looks quite good
    > thanks

    You're welcome. Take note: some people say Black Ice is not good, but
    don't we hear that about all firewall, a-v, etc. programs.?
    Juan Pérez, May 31, 2004
  8. Blackmesa8

    SgtMinor Guest

    Read what Steve Gibson at grc.com has to say about firewalls in general
    and BlackIce in particular: https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

    And while you're there, check out your system's vulnerabilities with
    ShieldsUp!

    SgtMinor, May 31, 2004
  9. Blackmesa8

    °Mike° Guest

    Oh, what a shame that I tried to help you.
    It seems that you are a software pirate, no?
    I wonder what *your* ISP would say about
    your 'activities'.

    Subject: DOWNLOAD FARCRY FOR FREE NO LIE
    From: "Blackmesa8" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:34:48 +0100

    i swear just click here
    http://217.155.43.138/files/games/farcry/
    u can download it for free only catch is server is quite slow

    Subject: ftp://217.155.43.138:22/
    From: "Blackmesa8" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:34:40 +0100

    ftp://217.155.43.138:22/

    This one's interesting:
    --------------------

    Subject: Re: Computer Speakers Picking Up Radio Station Interference
    From: "Blackmesa8" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 17:44:35 +0100

    my stereo sometimes picks up police frequencys for no apparant reason lol
    it does my head in one day ill hear them saying there on there way to my
    house to arrest me for all my pirating so i can use it to make my escape
    hehe

    And you've even had accounts closed?
    ------------------------------------

    Subject: Re: NEED HELP WITH HOTMAIL URGENT
    From: "Blackmesa8" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 00:13:17 +0100

    I should have paid for it but i have no idea how this happened why would
    they have suddenly closed my acount.
    Im starting to think this through it might be ok ill just use my isp email
    ad i got and start emailing all the people i can remember to contact me
    through that. and change my email ad at forums as i visit them same
    with all
    the online shops im registered with.
    So it shouldn't be too much of a problem. as long as it stays up for
    my .net
    passport which seems to remain un affected as im signed into it on
    messenger
    as i speak.

    And one that you was careless enough to leave on Google:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=40912e67$0$31685$&output=gplain

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 00:50:25 +0100, in
    <40ba7341$0$4593$>
    Blackmesa8 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 31, 2004
  10. Blackmesa8

    Blackmesa8 Guest

    lol thats the person thats hacking me's ip he's a software pirate everygame
    and OS he has is pirated you can contact my isp if u want cause i got no
    pirated software at all (accept some mp3's lool) even my OS is legimate i
    was trying to get vr back for hacking me this has been going on months lol
    Blackmesa8, Jun 1, 2004
  11. Blackmesa8

    °Mike° Guest

    It's funny that the IP is *exactly* the same as yours.

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 05:37:25 +0100, in
    <40bc0801$0$4585$>
    Blackmesa8 scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jun 1, 2004
  12. Blackmesa8

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote:

    > It's funny that the IP is *exactly* the same as yours.

    > On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 05:37:25 +0100, in
    > <40bc0801$0$4585$>
    > Blackmesa8 scrawled:
    >
    >>lol thats the person thats hacking me's ip he's a software
    >>pirate everygame and OS he has is pirated you can contact my isp
    >>if u want cause i got no pirated software at all (accept some
    >>mp3's lool) even my OS is legimate i was trying to get vr back
    >>for hacking me this has been going on months lol

    And those "police frequencys". <g>

    --
    <HCFTH>
    Boomer, Jun 1, 2004
  13. Blackmesa8

    °Mike° Guest

    On 01 Jun 2004 20:03:02 GMT, in
    <40bce0f5$0$15990$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote:
    >
    >> It's funny that the IP is *exactly* the same as yours.

    <snip>

    >And those "police frequencys". <g>

    Yes, mustn't forget the "police frequencys". <G>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 1, 2004