Help with PIX 506 Console/Hyper Terminal

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by maxime.alarie@gmail.com, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello there,

    I managed to connect to my PIX 506 console using a home made roll
    overcable and simple term gold.
    I can see the device booting through the terminal. It boots, then it
    stops at the Question:"Pre-configure PIX Firewall now through
    interactive prompts? (yes):

    I write "yes" or "Y" or "Enter" but noting happens. I cannot send any
    input to the device.

    My pinout is the following

    RJ45 ---> DB9
    1 8
    2 7
    3 6
    4 5
    5 4
    6 3
    7 2
    8 1

    I should probably get a cable tester but i just wanted to verify if you
    guys had any idea..
    , Jun 13, 2006

  2. Chris Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello there,
    >
    > I managed to connect to my PIX 506 console using a home made roll
    > overcable and simple term gold.
    > I can see the device booting through the terminal. It boots, then it
    > stops at the Question:"Pre-configure PIX Firewall now through
    > interactive prompts? (yes):
    >

    > I write "yes" or "Y" or "Enter" but noting happens. I cannot send any
    > input to the device.
    >
    > My pinout is the following
    >
    > RJ45 ---> DB9
    > 1 8
    > 2 7
    > 3 6
    > 4 5
    > 5 4
    > 6 3
    > 7 2
    > 8 1
    >
    > I should probably get a cable tester but i just wanted to verify if you
    > guys had any idea..

    Can't help you on the wiring itself, but what are your baud settings? I
    always use 9600/8/N/1 with *no* flow control in HyperTerm...

    Chris
    Chris, Jun 13, 2006

  3. Gary Guest

    Gary, Jun 13, 2006