    Thanks
    Sam
    , Mar 11, 2009

  2. Ofnuts Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
    > the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
    > to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking
    > directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good
    > artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
    > wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is
    > there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice,
    > and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

    You would have to remove the part of the head that can no longer be seen
    (right cheek & eyeà , and add new ones which appear (back of the head on
    the left). I sincerely doubt you can do that by mere geometric transforms.

    Furthermore our brains are quite sensitive to facial features, get one
    wrong and the result will look weird.

    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, Mar 11, 2009

  3. Mark Thomas Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
    > the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
    > to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking
    > directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good
    > artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
    > wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is
    > there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice,
    > and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sam

    The only way you could do that would be to map the 2d features onto a 3d
    map of the head, and then rotate that...

    I'm guessing you don't have a 3d map of the head. And you'd need 3d
    software to do it anyway.

    If it is a drawing, then in simple terms, you need an *artist* to do this.
    Mark Thomas, Mar 11, 2009
  4. Nicko Guest

    On Mar 11, 4:28 am, Mark Thomas <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > > I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
    > > the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
    > > to the side.  I would like to be able to change this face to looking
    > > directly to the side (ie:  right of the page), but am not a very good
    > > artist.  I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
    > > wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task.  If not, is
    > > there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this?  Any advice,
    > > and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

    > > Thanks
    > > Sam

    > The only way you could do that would be to map the 2d features onto a 3d
    >   map of the head, and then rotate that...
    >
    > I'm guessing you don't have a 3d map of the head.  And you'd need 3d
    > software to do it anyway.
    >
    > If it is a drawing, then in simple terms, you need an *artist* to do this..

    An artist whom some consider to be very good had a solution:

    http://teachers.westport.k12.ct.us/artsmarts/Projects/Picass1.jpg

    --
    YOP...
    Nicko, Mar 11, 2009
  5. Pat Guest

    On Mar 10, 9:10 pm, wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
    > the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
    > to the side.  I would like to be able to change this face to looking
    > directly to the side (ie:  right of the page), but am not a very good
    > artist.  I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
    > wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task.  If not, is
    > there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this?  Any advice,
    > and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sam

    I have a picture of my grandfather standing behind a cow, so I can't
    see his face. Can someone help me remove the cow so I can see what he
    looked like?
    Pat, Mar 12, 2009
  6. Roy G Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    On Mar 10, 9:10 pm, wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
    > the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
    > to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking
    > directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good
    > artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
    > wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is
    > there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice,
    > and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sam

    I have a picture of my grandfather standing behind a cow, so I can't
    see his face. Can someone help me remove the cow so I can see what he
    looked like?

    What you need is the digital imaging software which they use on CSI.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Mar 12, 2009
  7. Pat Guest

    On Mar 12, 9:26 am, "Roy G" <> wrote:
    > "Pat" <> wrote in message

    > On Mar 10, 9:10 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
    > > the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
    > > to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking
    > > directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good
    > > artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
    > > wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is
    > > there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice,
    > > and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

    > > Thanks
    > > Sam

    > I have a picture of my grandfather standing behind a cow, so I can't
    > see his face.  Can someone help me remove the cow so I can see what he
    > looked like?
    >
    > What you need is the digital imaging software which they use on CSI.
    >
    > Roy G

    You mean the software that takes the old security tape and allows you
    to zoom in on a clipboard across the football field and read whats on
    it? Yeah, that would be slick.
    Pat, Mar 12, 2009
  8. David Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Pat <> wrote:

    snip

    > I have a picture of my grandfather standing behind a cow, so I can't
    > see his face. Can someone help me remove the cow so I can see what he
    > looked like?

    Cow? are you sure? Sound more like bull to me!

    David (with a grin)
    David, Mar 14, 2009