    deleted them and cleaned out the recycle bin. They used the backup and
    restore center to get everything back. Is there some way to permanently
    delete these files so they can't be restored. Any help would be appriecated.

    concernedmom50, Jan 30, 2008

  2. I've never used Vista but if the Backup & Restore Centre is anything like
    XP's System Restore, I would guess that you need to disable it, or delete
    all the backups from it in order to remove the pictures.

    Or is there any way to configure what gets backed up, or some kind of
    password protection maybe? Try searching the help and support centre, there
    are bound to be some hints in there.

    I'm in the dark a bit because I've never used Vista but these are probably
    my best guesses.

    Good luck!

    --
    Chris
    Wirral, UK

    Christopher Stott, Jan 30, 2008

  3. concernedmom50

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day <> did cause
    the electrons to come together and form the following words:

    > My kids have downloaded pictures they don't need to have so
    > I deleted them and cleaned out the recycle bin. They used the backup
    > and restore center to get everything back. Is there some way to
    > permanently delete these files so they can't be restored.

    I have found that suspending their computer privledges for a week for
    mucking with the computer usually has the best affect.

    Actually, you would probably get a more useful answer if you asked in the
    Vista newsgroup and not in the group for discussing Microsoft
    certifications.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Jan 31, 2008
  4. concernedmom50

    Karl Snooks Guest

    concernedmom
    Get a File Trasher program (I don't know if Tracks Eraser is vista
    compatible but it will overwrite desired programs and or Recycle Bin with
    all zeroes.).
    empty the System Restores completely. Now do a System Restore. Since the
    only System Restore on the drive is a "clean" one, they won't be able to
    restore the files.

    Still the best way is the exercise of parental control. Either they follow
    your rules or they don't use the computer.

    karl

    Karl Snooks, Feb 24, 2008