    If I can't is there any programs that will enable me to do so?

    Thanks

    Karen

    Dooies B.B, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Dooies B.B

    this sucks Guest

    don't think you can do it unless they are on the same server. but all NGs
    from the same server don't have to be in the same folder.
    I have four follders on mine with different topics. each folder has ng's
    from the same server but not necessarily the same server for all folders.

    do you get my point?

    "Dooies B.B" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I run Windows 98 and outlook express 6.
    >
    > I subscribe to lots of newsgroups and so now my list is a bit hetic. Is
    > there anyway to put groups into folders, other than that of the server

    they
    > are on.
    >
    > So say I have a lot of aquarium related newsgroups I could fill them off

    by

    this sucks, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Dooies B.B

    °Mike° Guest

    Use Xnews (free)
    http://xnews.newsguy.com

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 12:26:43 +0100, in
    <bgirnp$c91$>
    Dooies B.B scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Dooies B.B

    trout Guest

    Dooies B.B wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I run Windows 98 and outlook express 6.
    >
    > I subscribe to lots of newsgroups and so now my list is a bit hetic.
    > Is there anyway to put groups into folders, other than that of the
    > server they are on.
    >
    > So say I have a lot of aquarium related newsgroups I could fill them
    > off by themselves, etc.
    >
    > If I can't is there any programs that will enable me to do so?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Karen

    You could do this (sort of) by creating separate accounts.
    (Tools > Accounts > News tab > Add)
    You'd have your present account (call it "News") to keep a category
    of newsgroups in.
    Create a second account with all the same account info, but
    different name (say, "Aquariums") to subscribe to a 'block' of
    newsgroups, and so on, for as many as you need.
    --
    "One way of doing it."

    trout, Aug 3, 2003