    afraid to reinstall windows because I will lose everything. does anybody
    have any suggestions that I could use to fix Outlook?

    Thanks kindly.

    gibberish, Sep 23, 2005

  2. gibberish

    Peptide One Guest

    On 2005-09-23, gibberish <> wrote:
    > I use Outlook 2000 with Windows XP home edition and I use MCaffe Virus
    > Protection. Recently Outlook has become very slow to open and jams
    > frequently. I tried to reinstall Outlook 2000 but it didnt help. I am
    > afraid to reinstall windows because I will lose everything. does anybody
    > have any suggestions that I could use to fix Outlook?
    >
    > Thanks kindly.

    How big is/are your .pst file(s)?
    Also, have you noticed any latency while opening pages on the Internet, or
    while opening other programs such as Word or Excel?

    --
    Beauty is only epithelial cells deep.

    Peptide One, Sep 23, 2005

  3. gibberish

    Xanadu Guest

    Uninstall MCaffe, install a free anti-virus like AVG, see if it makes any
    difference.

    If it doesn't back up and re-install. You won't loose anything if you back
    up.

    If you re-install Outlook you shouldn't loose any files. But back up just in
    case.

    Back up Outlook files by copying the Outlook folder at
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\Microsoft\Outlook Express

    But make sure you backup properly, its easy to screw it up.. thanks bill

    Xanadu, Sep 23, 2005
  4. gibberish

    gibberish Guest

    "Xanadu" <.> wrote in message
    > Uninstall MCaffe, install a free anti-virus like AVG, see if it makes any
    > difference.
    >
    > If it doesn't back up and re-install. You won't loose anything if you back
    > up.
    >
    > If you re-install Outlook you shouldn't loose any files. But back up just
    > in case.
    >
    > Back up Outlook files by copying the Outlook folder at
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application
    > Data\Identities\Microsoft\Outlook Express
    >
    > But make sure you backup properly, its easy to screw it up.. thanks bill
    >

    > "Peptide One" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2005-09-23, gibberish <> wrote:
    >>> I use Outlook 2000 with Windows XP home edition and I use MCaffe Virus
    >>> Protection. Recently Outlook has become very slow to open and jams
    >>> frequently. I tried to reinstall Outlook 2000 but it didnt help. I am
    >>> afraid to reinstall windows because I will lose everything. does
    >>> anybody
    >>> have any suggestions that I could use to fix Outlook?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks kindly.
    >>>

    >> How big is/are your .pst file(s)?
    >> Also, have you noticed any latency while opening pages on the Internet,
    >> or
    >> while opening other programs such as Word or Excel?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Beauty is only epithelial cells deep.

    thanks for everybodys help. I tried uninstalling the virus protection but
    no help so I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2000. no help. Finally I
    went for a standard reinstall of XP. The maching blew up on the second disk
    so I had to to a complete reinstall of XP. I sure hope I have everything
    backed up. So far everything is working.
    thanks again for your help

    gibberish, Sep 25, 2005