    Anyone got a manual?
    I have no office experience, so most of this is greek to me.
    Any info or guesses are cool.

    Shel-hed, Dec 9, 2007

  2. Shel-hed

    chuckie® Guest

    "Shel-hed" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I grabbed a phone at a thrift store because it looked cool, and I wanted a
    > quality landline phone. I don't know half of what it can do, but it even

    has a
    > card reader and a flip down qwerty keyboard.
    > The model is Verifone Phoneplus.
    > It's big, has a 4 line lcd screen, about 3 1/2 x 1 1/2", speakerphone,

    barcode
    > jack, printer jack, and a bunch of unfamiliar things on the screen like
    > "reminder" and "services".
    > The "Telephone" screen shows redial, caller id, forward, speed dial,

    voicemail
    > and 3 way.
    > Is anyone here familiar with this thing? Is it useful for paging, and do

    you
    > need a special account to send text?
    > Anyone got a manual?
    > I have no office experience, so most of this is greek to me.
    > Any info or guesses are cool.

    http://www.verifone.com
    Apparently it's a credit card reader/phone for retail type businesses.
    Check there, there were many .pdf's on their various models...luck...

    chuckie®, Dec 9, 2007

  3. Shel-hed

    nobody > Guest

    Shel-hed wrote:

    > I grabbed a phone at a thrift store because it looked cool, and I wanted a
    > quality landline phone. I don't know half of what it can do, but it even has a
    > card reader and a flip down qwerty keyboard.
    > The model is Verifone Phoneplus.
    > It's big, has a 4 line lcd screen, about 3 1/2 x 1 1/2", speakerphone, barcode
    > jack, printer jack, and a bunch of unfamiliar things on the screen like
    > "reminder" and "services".
    > The "Telephone" screen shows redial, caller id, forward, speed dial, voicemail
    > and 3 way.
    > Is anyone here familiar with this thing? Is it useful for paging, and do you
    > need a special account to send text?
    > Anyone got a manual?
    > I have no office experience, so most of this is greek to me.
    > Any info or guesses are cool.

    I'd be willing to bet this is a digital line phone, with all those
    features. Don't be surprised if nothing works when you plug it into your
    POTS line. I could be wrong tho..

    The more I think about it, it probably is an analog (POTS) phone, My
    guess is that it's a point-of-sale (POS) phone for taking credit cards.

    nobody >, Dec 9, 2007
  4. Shel-hed

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 19:25:22 -0800, "nobody >" <> wrote:

    >Shel-hed wrote:
    >
    >I'd be willing to bet this is a digital line phone, with all those
    >features. Don't be surprised if nothing works when you plug it into your
    >POTS line. I could be wrong tho..
    >
    >The more I think about it, it probably is an analog (POTS) phone, My
    >guess is that it's a point-of-sale (POS) phone for taking credit cards.

    Thanks. I forgot to mention that it's from the mid 90's.
    I found this after clicking on a google cached page of Wired.com-
    (I keep forgetting about the google cache!)
    -----
    Dial and Swipe
    PhonePlus is smart enough to know you can send more than a conversation over
    the line. The built-in keyboard and digital display are handy for taking notes
    and entering names and numbers into the speed-dial database. As a phone, it's
    top-notch, with one-touch autodialing, call forwarding, return calling, and
    three-way calling. But here's the most interesting feature - PhonePlus reads the
    magnetic strips on bank cards, with custom software to enable shopping, ATM
    transactions, bill paying, and fund transfers from home. If QVC's smart, it'll
    give this thing away. PhonePlus: US$199. Verifone:+1 (703) 834 9480.
    ------

    I have a feeling that it was a technology that never took off. (?)
    Unfortunately, Verifone doesn't have the manual online. Maybe an email is in
    order.

    Shel-hed, Dec 9, 2007