    Hi, im relatively new, month old to be exact and id like some direction about Bin services how to retrieve multiple files at once, basically a web site that explains it all
    your replys will be appriecated
    CrSe<>2000

    esrc2006, Oct 22, 2006

  2. esrc2006

    richard Guest

    "esrc2006" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, im relatively new, month old to be exact and id like some direction
    > about Bin services how to retrieve multiple files at once, basically a web
    > site that explains it all
    > your replys will be appriecated
    > CrSe<>2000

    First of all, try something like "40tude dialog" for a better newsreader.

    You'll need to learn about "Combine and decode" for starters.
    Obtain a couple of "splitter" programs for joining other styles of split
    files.
    you'll need winrar for files posted in the "rar" extension.

    One of the best all purpose newsreaders for binaries is www.newsbin.com
    It combines and joins files on the fly if it has all the parts.

    "mastersplitter" www.tomasoft.com
    Splits large files into chunks for better handling by the servers.
    These files generally appear in the format of moviename.mpg.001
    The drawback is, we don't know how many files make a whole and without part
    001, you get nothing.
    While part 001 can be downloaded and viewed as a completed file.

    Then that's only the beginning. Next you'll need a handfull of players to
    handle all the types of files.

    When you have a question about a file type, or a codec, ask in the group the
    file was posted.

    Enjoy usenet.
    richard, Oct 22, 2006

  3. richard wrote:

    > First of all, try something like "40tude dialog" for a better
    > newsreader.

    If you would use it yourself, you would know ...

    > You'll need to learn about "Combine and decode" for starters.

    ....that Dialog has no "Combine and Decode" like Outhouse Distress. It
    does it automatically, presenting you with only one header line for all
    the multi-parts of the post. Click once and get entire file.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 22, 2006
  4. esrc2006

    Freezer Guest

    If I don't respond to this esrc2006 post, the terrorists win.

    > Hi, im relatively new, month old to be exact and id like some
    > direction about Bin services how to retrieve multiple files at
    > once, basically a web site that explains it all your replys
    > will be appriecated CrSe<>2000

    A good binary robot will do most of the work for you. (Xnews is
    excellent for beginners. I'd recommend Newsbot for power users.)

    To decode and assemble most large files, you'll need several
    applications.

    - Winrar is the best app for handling RAR files. But if you want
    to go Freeware, I recommend 7Zip.

    - For assembling files manually split, you'll want HJSplit.

    - And for using the PAR backup/repair files, go with QuickPar.

    If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just go here:
    http://www.slyck.com/ng.php

    --
    My name is:
    ____ _