    be able to logon to any computer just using my normal computer logon from my
    computer through the network without using RDC. I am using XP Pro.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?SmF6emEwMzI=?=, Jun 21, 2007

  2. Hi
    The Network provides capacity to share file and printers between Network
    computers.
    The Network allows Controlling a computer that is already On, via Remote
    control RDC.
    Through the Network a computer can be started from remote,
    http://www.ezlan.net/WOL.html
    So, which one you need?
    If you need information concerning other Network activity, be more specific,
    describe in details what you are looking for.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 22, 2007

  3. Hi

    Sorry i didn't articulate it very well. I am hoping i can get the capacity
    to logon at any computer around my home through the network without having to
    setup a user name on each computer and without using RDC. I have made a
    network drive but i need to be able to quota it for each user and i was
    hoping to set up everyone as a network user (with restricted privileges). Any
    questions just ask.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?SmF6emEwMzI=?=, Jun 22, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmF6emEwMzI=?=

    Chuck Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:52:00 -0700, Jazza032
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, i have an extensive computer network at home (8 computers) and i need to
    >be able to logon to any computer just using my normal computer logon from my
    >computer through the network without using RDC. I am using XP Pro.
    >
    >Thanks

    Can you use Guest access, or do you need more access than Guest provides?
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-under-windows-xp.html#Guest>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-under-windows-xp.html#Guest

    Do you have your "normal computer logon" setup on each computer? If so, you
    will need to activate it, on each computer, if you wish to use it for network
    access.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-under-windows-xp.html#Activate>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-under-windows-xp.html#Activate

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

    Chuck, Jun 22, 2007
  5. Hi
    A computer on its own can be logged in without the need to type user and
    password by installing on each computer Microsoft TweakUI Powertoy.
    Download the following, install, and use the Logon tab,
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe
    Switch on from remote can be done as I indicated in my previous post.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 22, 2007