    interface (I'm connecting via ADSL) ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.161
    255.255.255.248

    What have I done wrong and have I posted up enough information?

    Gordon Philip, Mar 14, 2005

  2. Gordon Philip

    RobO Guest

    Hi,

    Have you tried "show ip nat translation" to confirm that the mapping
    has been done after initiating an outbound smtp connection?
    Depending on the nat expiry time you might not see any translation at
    all.

    Try this NAT statement:
    ip nat inside source static 192.168.111.2 xxx.xxx.xxx.162
    This will give the internal IP 192.168.111.2 a permanent translation to
    the external IP xxx.xxx.xxx.162 for any sort of traffic.

    Hope this helps,

    Rob

    RobO, Mar 14, 2005