    Ive had my camera for 1 year and cant seem to get my pictures on my
    computer. i have a Sony Viao Lap top running windows XP which is
    comaptible and still i get no pictures. can anyone help?

    Tony, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Tony

    Nostrobino Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ive had my camera for 1 year and cant seem to get my pictures on my
    > computer. i have a Sony Viao Lap top running windows XP which is
    > comaptible and still i get no pictures. can anyone help?

    Cheer up. I'm sure we can help. First, it will be useful to know what you're
    doing.

    How are you trying to get the pictures on your computer? Are you using a
    card reader, or a USB connection direct from the camera?

    Do you have the DiMAGE Xt manual, and if so have you followed the
    instructions in it? The instructions for what you want to do start on page
    83.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Dec 3, 2004

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    "Nostrobino" <> wrote in message news:<Op3sd.28262$>...
    > "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > > Ive had my camera for 1 year and cant seem to get my pictures on my
    > > computer. i have a Sony Viao Lap top running windows XP which is
    > > comaptible and still i get no pictures. can anyone help?

    > Cheer up. I'm sure we can help. First, it will be useful to know what you're
    > doing.
    >
    > How are you trying to get the pictures on your computer? Are you using a
    > card reader, or a USB connection direct from the camera?
    >
    > Do you have the DiMAGE Xt manual, and if so have you followed the
    > instructions in it? The instructions for what you want to do start on page
    > 83.
    >
    > N.

    First, thanks for replying - im a first time user her .
    im using an USB cable to connect and i have followed the instructions.
    ive also had others try to connect it and nothing seems to work. I can
    get my camera to act as a web cam when i connect the USB cable but
    when i plug it in to view the pictures on the computer nothing shows
    up.

    Tony, Dec 5, 2004
  4. Tony

    Nostrobino Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > "Nostrobino" <> wrote in message
    >> "Tony" <> wrote in message
    >> > Ive had my camera for 1 year and cant seem to get my pictures on my
    >> > computer. i have a Sony Viao Lap top running windows XP which is
    >> > comaptible and still i get no pictures. can anyone help?

    >> Cheer up. I'm sure we can help. First, it will be useful to know what
    >> you're
    >> doing.
    >>
    >> How are you trying to get the pictures on your computer? Are you using a
    >> card reader, or a USB connection direct from the camera?
    >>
    >> Do you have the DiMAGE Xt manual, and if so have you followed the
    >> instructions in it? The instructions for what you want to do start on
    >> page
    >> 83.
    >>
    >> N.

    > First, thanks for replying - im a first time user her .

    You're very welcome.

    > im using an USB cable to connect and i have followed the instructions.
    > ive also had others try to connect it and nothing seems to work. I can
    > get my camera to act as a web cam when i connect the USB cable but

    Okay, good. So we know your USB connection is working all right at both the
    camera and the computer.

    > when i plug it in to view the pictures on the computer nothing shows
    > up.

    What I'll do is go through the procedure step by step with my own Xt and
    tell you what happens as I go. It should work the same way with your camera.

    1. I make sure the camera has a fully charged battery. With the computer
    running and the camera turned off, I plug it into the USB port. I have the
    camera's control dial set to Record, but it would work the same way on
    Playback.

    2. Camera off, I plug it into the USB port and then turn it on. There is the
    USB connection audio signal. A message comes up on the camera LCD indicating
    it's initializing the USB connection. The connection icon appears in the
    upper left of the LCD.

    3. Right-clicking Start on the computer and then clicking Explore now shows
    a new drive letter as a Removable Disk. This is the camera and its SD card.
    Expanding that first shows a folder named DCIM, and inside that another
    folder named 100MLT18.

    4. Inside that second folder are my photos. I can now copy them to any
    folder on my computer.

    Now, you have evidently have Minolta's remote camera driver installed (for
    web cam use), right? If you still have your Transfer Mode (in Setup, Custom2
    menu) set to Remote Camera, you must change it back to Data Storage in order
    to transfer photos to your computer.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Dec 5, 2004
  5. Tony

    Tony Guest

    "Nostrobino" <> wrote in message news:<wdKsd.39570$>...
    > "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > > "Nostrobino" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Cheer up. I'm sure we can help. First, it will be useful to know what
    > >> you're
    > >> doing.
    > >>
    > >> How are you trying to get the pictures on your computer? Are you using a
    > >> card reader, or a USB connection direct from the camera?
    > >>
    > >> Do you have the DiMAGE Xt manual, and if so have you followed the
    > >> instructions in it? The instructions for what you want to do start on
    > >> page
    > >> 83.
    > >>
    > >> N.

    > > First, thanks for replying - im a first time user her .

    > You're very welcome.
    >

    > > im using an USB cable to connect and i have followed the instructions.
    > > ive also had others try to connect it and nothing seems to work. I can
    > > get my camera to act as a web cam when i connect the USB cable but

    > Okay, good. So we know your USB connection is working all right at both the
    > camera and the computer.
    >

    > > when i plug it in to view the pictures on the computer nothing shows
    > > up.

    > What I'll do is go through the procedure step by step with my own Xt and
    > tell you what happens as I go. It should work the same way with your camera.
    >
    > 1. I make sure the camera has a fully charged battery. With the computer
    > running and the camera turned off, I plug it into the USB port. I have the
    > camera's control dial set to Record, but it would work the same way on
    > Playback.
    >
    > 2. Camera off, I plug it into the USB port and then turn it on. There is the
    > USB connection audio signal. A message comes up on the camera LCD indicating
    > it's initializing the USB connection. The connection icon appears in the
    > upper left of the LCD.
    >
    > 3. Right-clicking Start on the computer and then clicking Explore now shows
    > a new drive letter as a Removable Disk. This is the camera and its SD card.
    > Expanding that first shows a folder named DCIM, and inside that another
    > folder named 100MLT18.
    >
    > 4. Inside that second folder are my photos. I can now copy them to any
    > folder on my computer.
    >
    > Now, you have evidently have Minolta's remote camera driver installed (for
    > web cam use), right? If you still have your Transfer Mode (in Setup, Custom2
    > menu) set to Remote Camera, you must change it back to Data Storage in order
    > to transfer photos to your computer.
    >
    > N.

    Thanks after 1 year i have conquered this camera with ur help. I
    plugged it in again and the computer read an external drive F and told
    me what i wanted to do. si i copied the pictures on to my computer.

    I had pictures from last christmas and last new years. Thank you

    Tony, Dec 6, 2004
  6. Tony

    Nostrobino Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > "Nostrobino" <> wrote in message
    >> "Tony" <> wrote in message
    >> > "Nostrobino" <> wrote in message

    >> > First, thanks for replying - im a first time user her .

    >> You're very welcome.
    >>

    >> > im using an USB cable to connect and i have followed the instructions.
    >> > ive also had others try to connect it and nothing seems to work. I can
    >> > get my camera to act as a web cam when i connect the USB cable but

    >> Okay, good. So we know your USB connection is working all right at both
    >> the
    >> camera and the computer.
    >>

    >> > when i plug it in to view the pictures on the computer nothing shows
    >> > up.

    >> What I'll do is go through the procedure step by step with my own Xt and
    >> tell you what happens as I go. It should work the same way with your
    >> camera.
    >>
    >> 1. I make sure the camera has a fully charged battery. With the computer
    >> running and the camera turned off, I plug it into the USB port. I have
    >> the
    >> camera's control dial set to Record, but it would work the same way on
    >> Playback.
    >>
    >> 2. Camera off, I plug it into the USB port and then turn it on. There is
    >> the
    >> USB connection audio signal. A message comes up on the camera LCD
    >> indicating
    >> it's initializing the USB connection. The connection icon appears in the
    >> upper left of the LCD.
    >>
    >> 3. Right-clicking Start on the computer and then clicking Explore now
    >> shows
    >> a new drive letter as a Removable Disk. This is the camera and its SD
    >> card.
    >> Expanding that first shows a folder named DCIM, and inside that another
    >> folder named 100MLT18.
    >>
    >> 4. Inside that second folder are my photos. I can now copy them to any
    >> folder on my computer.
    >>
    >> Now, you have evidently have Minolta's remote camera driver installed
    >> (for
    >> web cam use), right? If you still have your Transfer Mode (in Setup,
    >> Custom2
    >> menu) set to Remote Camera, you must change it back to Data Storage in
    >> order
    >> to transfer photos to your computer.
    >>
    >> N.

    > Thanks after 1 year i have conquered this camera with ur help. I
    > plugged it in again and the computer read an external drive F and told
    > me what i wanted to do. si i copied the pictures on to my computer.
    >
    > I had pictures from last christmas and last new years. Thank you

    You're welcome. Glad I could help.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Dec 6, 2004