    AVI using a freeware software? Will that format give me a smaller file?

    Help appreciated

    CS
    Calypso, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Calypso

    Ghostrider Guest

    Calypso wrote:

    > I have made a presentation in Powerpoint and have tried to save it as PPS
    > but I have noticed something wierd. The PPT has 9 slides and is around
    > 5.3MB, the PPS of this PPT is about 4.6MB which is huge so I decided to make
    > shorter versions of it where one has 6 slides and another only 3 but what is
    > bizaare is that everytime I reduce the number of slides the PPS actually
    > becomes bigger........ the one with 3 slides 6.3MB!!! Does anyone know an
    > explanation of this?
    >
    > Is there a way that I can package this presentation as a SWF or a WMV or an
    > AVI using a freeware software? Will that format give me a smaller file?
    >
    > Help appreciated
    >
    > CS

    Somewhere under MS PowerPoint Options, uncheck the
    "autorecover" box prior to saving for the last time.
    Autorecover is no longer needed for the finished
    presentation.
    Ghostrider, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Calypso

    mohito

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    mohito, Aug 31, 2006
  4. Calypso

    Victory

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2006
    Messages:
    13

    Well I think it's very useful when one prog combine so many great functions!

    It doesn't need looking for several progs and spend a lot money. In any events "presentation to video converter" worth this money. :horse:
    Victory, Dec 1, 2006