    I digitally recorded a long lecture, hoping to save it to a cd. I have a
    two hour mp3 that won't fit on a cd. Can anybody tell me how to break it
    down into individual tracks. Thanks.

    gibberish, Jul 14, 2004

  2. gibberish

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "gibberish" <> wrote in message
    news:
    >| I digitally recorded a long lecture, hoping to save it to a cd. I
    >| have a two hour mp3 that won't fit on a cd. Can anybody tell me how
    >| to break it down into individual tracks. Thanks.

    Sure. Check this web page - they have lots of options:
    http://www.dailymp3.com/splitter.html
    I'm sure you'll find what you need there.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 14, 2004

  3. gibberish

    gibberish Guest

    gibberish, Jul 14, 2004
  4. gibberish

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "gibberish" <> wrote in message
    >| "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >| > "gibberish" <> wrote in message
    >| >
    >| > Sure. Check this web page - they have lots of options:
    >| > http://www.dailymp3.com/splitter.html
    >| > I'm sure you'll find what you need there.
    >| >

    > -- Thanks. Just what I needed.

    Your welcome!

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 14, 2004
  5. gibberish

    Scrote Guest

    gibberish wrote:
    >> I digitally recorded a long lecture, hoping to save it to a cd. I
    >> have a two hour mp3 that won't fit on a cd. Can anybody tell me how
    >> to break it down into individual tracks. Thanks.

    I don't understand how a mere 2 hour mp3 recording will not fit onto a
    cd. Is/was quality set to some ridiculously high level?
    --
    "The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that still
    carries any reward." -- John Maynard Keynes

    Scrote, Jul 14, 2004
  6. gibberish

    Guest

    Hi,

    I agree with "Scrote" you must have a Digital recorded Wave file with
    the wrong Extension. A CD takes 12 hours of good MP3 music (128kbps)
    For an lectuur you can use 56 Kbps or even less.

    Thank you
    fmav

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:28:56 +0100, "Scrote"
    <> wrote:

    >gibberish wrote:
    >>> I digitally recorded a long lecture, hoping to save it to a cd. I
    >>> have a two hour mp3 that won't fit on a cd. Can anybody tell me how
    >>> to break it down into individual tracks. Thanks.

    >I don't understand how a mere 2 hour mp3 recording will not fit onto a
    >cd. Is/was quality set to some ridiculously high level?

    , Jul 23, 2004
  7. gibberish

    ProfGene Guest

    Get Cooledit which will open mp3s as wave files then you can break it into
    segments and save each segment as a wave file. After you have broken it up
    the way you want use an mp3 encoder to turn the waves back into mp3s. You
    can put up to 11 hours of mp3s at the highest sound quality on a cd. Voice
    does not require the highest quality or even stereo so it depends on how
    much you want to put on the cd as to what sample rate you want to use but
    making it mono reduces the file size.

    ProfGene, Jul 24, 2004