Help with monitor display

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by David Taylor, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. David Taylor

    David Taylor Guest

    I have just built new pc and installed driver for 19" XIOD FST CDT 29IM19
    monitor, but cannot get Display settings to move from 640x480 and 16color
    screen, which at 19" looks hideous. If I connect the new monitor to old pc
    and install driver software, I get 1280x1024 and 256 color etc perfect.
    What am I doing wrong?
    David Taylor

    --

    The information contained in this message is sent in the strictest
    confidence for the addressee only. It is intended only for the use of the

    Email from David Taylor
    Main address
    Alternate address
    David Taylor, Dec 6, 2003

  2. On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 17:35:02 -0000, "David Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    >I have just built new pc and installed driver for 19" XIOD FST CDT 29IM19
    >monitor, but cannot get Display settings to move from 640x480 and 16color
    >screen, which at 19" looks hideous. If I connect the new monitor to old pc
    >and install driver software, I get 1280x1024 and 256 color etc perfect.
    >What am I doing wrong?
    >David Taylor

    What OS, and are you using a proprietary driver or one provided by the
    OS?

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 6, 2003

  3. If you're sure the video card drivers are the right ones and properly
    installed delete the monitor from Device Manager and reboot, Windows will
    find it and reload drivers.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny Cargill, Dec 7, 2003