Help with Linksys/Sepura SPA2102

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by harrogate3, Aug 5, 2007.

  1. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    Have just bought one of these machines and am having trouble getting
    it to work with Sipgate.

    I also have an SPA2000, which works with Sipgate as does the X-Lite
    softphone.

    If I set the 2102 as near possible identical to the 2000 it registers
    OK with Sipgate and I get sidetone on the phone (i.e. I can hear the
    mic in the earpiece) but no dialtone and no outward dialling.

    If I set the 2102 as the 2000 for voip.co.uk I get the same thing,
    whereas the 2000 works perfectly.

    I am not using the router section of the 2102 - I have the network
    connection in the Internet (WAN) port only.

    I have been through the Sipgate and Sepura web sites but made no
    progress.

    Anyone give me useful advice?

    TIA

    --
    Woody

    harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
    harrogate3, Aug 5, 2007

  2. harrogate3

    Jono Guest

    harrogate3 explained :
    > Have just bought one of these machines and am having trouble getting
    > it to work with Sipgate.
    >
    > I also have an SPA2000, which works with Sipgate as does the X-Lite
    > softphone.
    >
    > If I set the 2102 as near possible identical to the 2000 it registers
    > OK with Sipgate and I get sidetone on the phone (i.e. I can hear the
    > mic in the earpiece) but no dialtone and no outward dialling.
    >
    > If I set the 2102 as the 2000 for voip.co.uk I get the same thing,
    > whereas the 2000 works perfectly.
    >
    > I am not using the router section of the 2102 - I have the network
    > connection in the Internet (WAN) port only.
    >
    > I have been through the Sipgate and Sepura web sites but made no
    > progress.
    >
    > Anyone give me useful advice?

    <http://www.provu.co.uk/support_SPA-3102_SPA-3000.html>

    Follow the instructions in the above link, as close as you can. You
    will then be able to more closely compare your two devices.
    Jono, Aug 5, 2007

  3. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > harrogate3 explained :
    > > Have just bought one of these machines and am having trouble

    getting
    > > it to work with Sipgate.
    > >
    > > I also have an SPA2000, which works with Sipgate as does the

    X-Lite
    > > softphone.
    > >
    > > If I set the 2102 as near possible identical to the 2000 it

    registers
    > > OK with Sipgate and I get sidetone on the phone (i.e. I can hear

    the
    > > mic in the earpiece) but no dialtone and no outward dialling.
    > >
    > > If I set the 2102 as the 2000 for voip.co.uk I get the same thing,
    > > whereas the 2000 works perfectly.
    > >
    > > I am not using the router section of the 2102 - I have the network
    > > connection in the Internet (WAN) port only.
    > >
    > > I have been through the Sipgate and Sepura web sites but made no
    > > progress.
    > >
    > > Anyone give me useful advice?
    > >

    > <http://www.provu.co.uk/support_SPA-3102_SPA-3000.html>
    >
    > Follow the instructions in the above link, as close as you can. You
    > will then be able to more closely compare your two devices.

    Thanks for that. The support page on that site shows typical
    settings - which is how I have the 2102 set up - but it still doesn't
    work. The 2000 works on either voip or Sipgate with just the proxy
    server, username, password, and stun settings changed.

    I'm beginning to wonder if I have a faulty unit?

    harrogate3, Aug 5, 2007
  4. harrogate3

    Tim Guest

    harrogate3 wrote:
    > Thanks for that. The support page on that site shows typical
    > settings - which is how I have the 2102 set up - but it still doesn't
    > work. The 2000 works on either voip or Sipgate with just the proxy
    > server, username, password, and stun settings changed.

    And the 2102 should work just the same.

    Although, I suggest you don't enable stun for voip.co.uk

    What kind of ADSL router do you have?

    > I'm beginning to wonder if I have a faulty unit?

    I would say not. Because you can web browse to it, and the phone ports
    work.

    Tim
    Tim, Aug 5, 2007
  5. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > harrogate3 wrote:
    > > Thanks for that. The support page on that site shows typical
    > > settings - which is how I have the 2102 set up - but it still

    doesn't
    > > work. The 2000 works on either voip or Sipgate with just the proxy
    > > server, username, password, and stun settings changed.

    > And the 2102 should work just the same.
    >
    > Although, I suggest you don't enable stun for voip.co.uk
    >
    > What kind of ADSL router do you have?
    >
    > > I'm beginning to wonder if I have a faulty unit?

    > I would say not. Because you can web browse to it, and the phone

    ports
    > work.
    >
    > Tim

    For the record I am on cable and using a Netgear WGR614v6 wireless
    router.

    I think I may have solved the problem - it tends to work better if you
    plug the phone into the right socket :-((

    Thank to all for the help.

    harrogate3, Aug 6, 2007