    My question is - How do Get these back on a DVD in order to watch the movie

    How would I combine the .VOB files into one file?

    Thanks for your help

    Film Buff, Dec 12, 2008

  2. Film Buff

    Netmask Guest

    "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ok, I ran Iso-Buster on my damaged movie file and now I have the movie in
    > a folder in the following format:
    > Recovered file 1.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
    > Recovered file 2.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
    > Recovered file 3.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
    > Recovered file 4.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
    > Recovered file 5.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
    > Recovered file 6.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
    >
    > My question is - How do Get these back on a DVD in order to watch the
    > movie
    >
    > How would I combine the .VOB files into one file?
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    rename the folder VIDEO_TS (exactly like that) and then use Nero to burn it
    using DVD-Video files menu item. You don't need to combine any of the
    files - ISObuster has already put the IFO, BUP and VOB files into the
    standard DVD format for you.

    Netmask, Dec 12, 2008

  3. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    I renamed the folder VIDEO_TS but nero gives an error because of the name Recovered file 2.VOB

    Could you please help more? I would appreciate it

    Thanks

    Film Buff, Dec 13, 2008
  4. Film Buff

    Netmask Guest

    "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    >I renamed the folder VIDEO_TS but nero gives an error because of the name
    >Recovered file 2.VOB
    >
    > Could you please help more? I would appreciate it
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:15:34 GMT, "Netmask" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    >>> Ok, I ran Iso-Buster on my damaged movie file and now I have the movie
    >>> in
    >>> a folder in the following format:
    >>> Recovered file 1.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
    >>> Recovered file 2.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
    >>> Recovered file 3.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
    >>> Recovered file 4.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
    >>> Recovered file 5.VOB 1,006,928 Kb
    >>> Recovered file 6.VTS_xx_0.IFO 76 Kb
    >>>
    >>> My question is - How do Get these back on a DVD in order to watch the
    >>> movie
    >>>
    >>> How would I combine the .VOB files into one file?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your help

    >>rename the folder VIDEO_TS (exactly like that) and then use Nero to burn
    >>it
    >>using DVD-Video files menu item. You don't need to combine any of the
    >>files - ISObuster has already put the IFO, BUP and VOB files into the
    >>standard DVD format for you.

    Haven't you ever explored a commercial DVD disc?

    If you haven't I suggest you do so and you will find every DVD has a set of
    IFO, VOB and BUP files that are always numbered
    by the following convention.

    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB

    etc.

    and if there is a second title on the DVD it will be shown as

    VTS_02_0.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB

    etc and the same for the IFO's and BUP's

    normally there should be a file called VIDEO_TS.VOB which is the menu and
    will be much smaller than the other VOB files
    If there aren't any BUP files (you can make those your self by just making
    a copy of each IFO file and renaming the suffix to BUP - they are backup
    files of the IFO files. The IFO files basically tell the DVD player what to
    do and the VOBs are the video and audio and subtitles muxed together in one
    file. The DVD standard requires the VOB files to be split into typically
    1GB chunks as they are in your example.

    My suggestion be adventuresome and explore!!! you will discover heaps!!!

    Netmask, Dec 13, 2008