Help With Intial Vlan

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by troute_kilgore@yahoo.com, May 11, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Greetings, I am setting up a vlan, my first, but needed some help.

    I have an odd setup, and need some help.

    For the distribution I have a WS-C3750G-12S-S (12 fiber ports)
    (switch1)
    Off of G1/0/8 I have fiber going to another switch, a 3750 (Switch2)

    On (Switch2) I have the port the fiber is coming into configured as so
    - I have it configured as a router for the 10.1.30.0 net

    Int g1/0/28
    No switchport
    Ip address 10.1.30.3 255.255.255.0
    Description Uplink from 3750G-12S

    I also have hosts plugging into (switch2)

    (Switch 3) is a closet upstairs plugged into the WS3750G-12 (int
    g1/0/1)

    I've setup my vtp domain and vlan database
    I can see those on switch1 and switch3

    I don't see those on switch2. Is this because I have the uplink
    setup as a NO SWITCHPORT and have it acting as a router?

    My question is, if I want the 3750 (switch2) to work as a router -
    how should I be doing this.

    Should I make an Ethernet port on the switch a "No SwitchPort"
    Or is it ok to do the Uplink as "No Switchport"

    I'm lost.

    At some point, a gentleman told me I needed to make the 3750G-12S do
    all the routing for my internal network but I'm not sure how I would
    do it since it only has 12 fiber ports
    , May 11, 2005