    this, make it just a process without an application window, or
    something. I even tried using a program called window hider, didn't
    work, although it did hide other windows. Please help me!

    someone, Nov 26, 2004

  2. someone

    dan Guest

    Doesn't sound like much of a deal. Anyway, most broadband connections don't
    force you to run a program to be online, sounds more like dial-up. Comcast
    doesn't anyway. Seems sort of unusal.

    dan, Nov 27, 2004

  3. someone

    someone Guest

    dan wrote:
    > Doesn't sound like much of a deal. Anyway, most broadband connections don't
    > force you to run a program to be online, sounds more like dial-up. Comcast
    > doesn't anyway. Seems sort of unusal.
    > "someone" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I just got internet a week ago or so, its broadband, and every time I want
    >>to connect to the internet I need to turn on this program, which keeps on
    >>running if I want to stay connected. It's getting very annoying, since I
    >>don't have much space on my taskbar even without it running, and I'm
    >>seeking a way to hide the window, so that it doesn't appear and use up my
    >>valuable space. I know there must be a way to do this, make it just a
    >>process without an application window, or something. I even tried using a
    >>program called window hider, didn't work, although it did hide other
    >>windows. Please help me!

    I know it's unusual, it's not a dial-up, its a DSL type of connection.
    It's nnot that I don't want to have the program running, it' just that I
    don't want to have it use an app window and use up space on my taskbar.

    someone, Nov 27, 2004