    Can any one help?

    Thanks

    Andrew

    Andrew, May 7, 2004

  2. Andrew

    Trent SC Guest

    What, you mean ¼? Do a search on google for the special character set.

    Trent SC, May 7, 2004

  3. Andrew wrote:

    > I can type a 1/4 like this, but I need to insert it so the 1 is directly
    > over the 4 as a fraction.
    > Have looked in symbols but cannot find it.
    >
    > Can any one help?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Andrew

    There is a special offer this week, you can have â…“ for the
    price of ¼

    But seriously, under accessories, system tools you will find
    character map. You can choose the font and copy and paste
    what you want.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 7, 2004
  4. Andrew

    Trent SC Guest

    > I can type a 1/4 like this, but I need to insert it so the 1 is directly
    > over the 4 as a fraction.
    > Have looked in symbols but cannot find it.
    >
    > Can any one help?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Andrew

    There is a special offer this week, you can have ? for the
    price of ¼

    But seriously, under accessories, system tools you will find
    character map. You can choose the font and copy and paste
    what you want.

    If you have the character set printed off with appropriate instructions, you
    can simply type them out. For example, the ¼ symbol was achieved by holding
    down the Alt key and typing 0188. The range is from 0128 to 0255 and covers
    almost all the foreign language symbols you can think of. I've got a
    printout on my wall.

    Trent SC, May 7, 2004
  5. Andrew

    Scraggy Guest

    Trent SC wrote:
    >> I can type a 1/4 like this, but I need to insert it so the 1 is
    >> directly over the 4 as a fraction.
    >> Have looked in symbols but cannot find it.
    >>
    >> Can any one help?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Andrew
    >>

    > There is a special offer this week, you can have ? for the
    > price of ¼
    >
    > But seriously, under accessories, system tools you will find
    > character map. You can choose the font and copy and paste
    > what you want.
    >
    > If you have the character set printed off with appropriate
    > instructions, you can simply type them out. For example, the ¼
    > symbol was achieved by holding down the Alt key and typing 0188. The
    > range is from 0128 to 0255 and covers almost all the foreign language
    > symbols you can think of. I've got a printout on my wall.

    How passé ;-)

    Scraggy, May 7, 2004
  6. Trent SC wrote:

    >>I can type a 1/4 like this, but I need to insert it so the 1 is directly
    >>over the 4 as a fraction.
    >>Have looked in symbols but cannot find it.
    >>
    >>Can any one help?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Andrew
    >>

    > There is a special offer this week, you can have ? for the
    > price of ¼
    >
    > But seriously, under accessories, system tools you will find
    > character map. You can choose the font and copy and paste
    > what you want.
    >
    > If you have the character set printed off with appropriate instructions, you
    > can simply type them out. For example, the ¼ symbol was achieved by holding
    > down the Alt key and typing 0188. The range is from 0128 to 0255 and covers
    > almost all the foreign language symbols you can think of. I've got a
    > printout on my wall.

    Good idea! Wish I had thought of suggesting that..which I
    should have as I have a strip of all the french accents
    taped to the monitor in front of me. :)

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 7, 2004
  7. Andrew

    Smirnoff Guest

    Trent SC wrote:
    >> I can type a 1/4 like this, but I need to insert it so the 1 is
    >> directly over the 4 as a fraction.
    >> Have looked in symbols but cannot find it.
    >>
    >> Can any one help?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Andrew
    >>

    > There is a special offer this week, you can have ? for the
    > price of ¼
    >
    > But seriously, under accessories, system tools you will find
    > character map. You can choose the font and copy and paste
    > what you want.
    >
    > If you have the character set printed off with appropriate
    > instructions, you can simply type them out. For example, the ¼
    > symbol was achieved by holding down the Alt key and typing 0188. The
    > range is from 0128 to 0255 and covers almost all the foreign language
    > symbols you can think of. I've got a printout on my wall.

    Could you possibly provide a link to the list of character codes? I've
    done a quick google but the only info I can get is explanation of Alt
    key etc.
    TIA

    Smirnoff, May 7, 2004
  8. Andrew

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 7 May 2004 12:27:20 +0100, "Andrew" <> wrote:

    >I can type a 1/4 like this, but I need to insert it so the 1 is directly
    >over the 4 as a fraction.
    >Have looked in symbols but cannot find it.
    >
    >Can any one help?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Andrew

    Besides all the excellent advice you've gotten...

    Get a program called All Chars. Its free. And it can print a wide
    variety of unusual characters.

    Its neatest feature isn't in typing characters, however. Its neatest
    feature is in its ability to record and save macros.

    Its one of my indispensable programs. I use it each and every day.

    Good luck.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent©

    Trent©, May 7, 2004
  9. Andrew

    Joevan Guest

    On Fri, 7 May 2004 12:27:20 +0100, "Andrew" <> wrote:

    >I can type a 1/4 like this, but I need to insert it so the 1 is directly
    >over the 4 as a fraction.
    >Have looked in symbols but cannot find it.
    >
    >Can any one help?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Andrew

    ? ¾ ¦ ? ? ? ? ¼
    The 1/4 is on the character map near the bottom right. No scrolling
    is needed.
    joevan

    Joevan, May 7, 2004
  10. Andrew

    john Kerr Guest

    "Trent©" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 7 May 2004 12:27:20 +0100, "Andrew" <> wrote:

    SNIP

    > Besides all the excellent advice you've gotten...
    >
    > Get a program called All Chars. Its free. And it can print a wide
    > variety of unusual characters.
    >
    > Its neatest feature isn't in typing characters, however. Its neatest
    > feature is in its ability to record and save macros.
    >
    > Its one of my indispensable programs. I use it each and every day.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >

    > Have a nice week...
    >
    > Trent©

    !
    This sounds a great program to have. Where can I find it?

    If I enter do a search on all chars on google I am likely to find it easily?
    I suspect I'll get 100s of hits.

    Thanks in advance for any help
    John

    john Kerr, May 7, 2004
  11. Andrew

    Boomer Guest

    "Smirnoff" <> did say:

    > Trent SC wrote:
    >>> I can type a 1/4 like this, but I need to insert it so the 1 is
    >>> directly over the 4 as a fraction.
    >>> Have looked in symbols but cannot find it.
    >>>
    >>> Can any one help?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Andrew
    >>>

    >> There is a special offer this week, you can have ? for the
    >> price of ¼
    >>
    >> But seriously, under accessories, system tools you will find
    >> character map. You can choose the font and copy and paste
    >> what you want.
    >>
    >> If you have the character set printed off with appropriate
    >> instructions, you can simply type them out. For example, the ¼
    >> symbol was achieved by holding down the Alt key and typing 0188.
    >> The range is from 0128 to 0255 and covers almost all the foreign
    >> language symbols you can think of. I've got a printout on my
    >> wall.

    > Could you possibly provide a link to the list of character codes?
    > I've done a quick google but the only info I can get is
    > explanation of Alt key etc.
    > TIA

    Hi

    Here's one.
    ASCII Codes
    http://charlie.balch.org/asp/ascii.asp

    Boomer, May 7, 2004
  12. Andrew

    Boomer Guest

    "john Kerr" <> did say:

    > "Trent©" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 7 May 2004 12:27:20 +0100, "Andrew" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    > SNIP
    >>
    >> Besides all the excellent advice you've gotten...
    >>
    >> Get a program called All Chars. Its free. And it can print a
    >> wide variety of unusual characters.
    >>
    >> Its neatest feature isn't in typing characters, however. Its
    >> neatest feature is in its ability to record and save macros.
    >>
    >> Its one of my indispensable programs. I use it each and every
    >> day.
    >>
    >> Good luck.
    >>

    >> Have a nice week...
    >>
    >> Trent©
    >>

    > !
    > This sounds a great program to have. Where can I find it?
    >
    > If I enter do a search on all chars on google I am likely to find
    > it easily? I suspect I'll get 100s of hits.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help
    > John

    http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&c2coff=1&safe=off&q=%22+AllChars%22%2Bfreeware%2Bdownload&spell=1

    HTH

    Boomer, May 7, 2004
  13. Andrew

    Smirnoff Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    >>> There is a special offer this week, you can have ? for the
    >>> price of ¼
    >>>
    >>> But seriously, under accessories, system tools you will find
    >>> character map. You can choose the font and copy and paste
    >>> what you want.
    >>>
    >>> If you have the character set printed off with appropriate
    >>> instructions, you can simply type them out. For example, the ¼
    >>> symbol was achieved by holding down the Alt key and typing 0188.
    >>> The range is from 0128 to 0255 and covers almost all the foreign
    >>> language symbols you can think of. I've got a printout on my
    >>> wall.

    >> Could you possibly provide a link to the list of character codes?
    >> I've done a quick google but the only info I can get is
    >> explanation of Alt key etc.
    >> TIA

    > Hi
    >
    > Here's one.
    > ASCII Codes
    > http://charlie.balch.org/asp/ascii.asp

    Just the ticket, thanks.

    Smirnoff, May 7, 2004
  14. Andrew

    Boomer Guest

    "Smirnoff" <> did say:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> "Smirnoff" <> did say:

    [snip]
    >>> Could you possibly provide a link to the list of character codes?
    >>> I've done a quick google but the only info I can get is
    >>> explanation of Alt key etc.
    >>> TIA

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Here's one.
    >> ASCII Codes
    >> http://charlie.balch.org/asp/ascii.asp

    > Just the ticket, thanks.

    You're welcome. :)

    Boomer, May 7, 2004
  15. Andrew

    Toolman Tim Guest

    > >> Could you possibly provide a link to the list of character codes?
    > >> I've done a quick google but the only info I can get is
    > >> explanation of Alt key etc.
    > >> TIA

    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Here's one.
    > > ASCII Codes
    > > http://charlie.balch.org/asp/ascii.asp

    > Just the ticket, thanks.

    Keep in mind that this may not apply to all fonts. For instance, I have a
    number of Postscript DTP fonts I still use that have totally different
    characters. Also, that chart would really be fun in Wingdings ;o)

    Toolman Tim, May 8, 2004