    to print as shown. Anyone know how to fix it so it prints as shown?

    Here it is.
    http://maaclink.org/agencies/agency_by_zip.htm
    Rick, Jun 15, 2006

  2. Rick

    Gordon Guest

    Rick wrote:

    > I've created a 4 column table with FrontPage and when posted to
    > the website it looks fine, but when I print it the agency columns get
    > pushed in and the agency names then take up 2 lines rather than 1,
    > throwing off the alignment they have with columns 2 & 4.
    > There is plenty of space to the left/right after printing but I need it
    > to print as shown. Anyone know how to fix it so it prints as shown?
    >
    > Here it is.
    > http://maaclink.org/agencies/agency_by_zip.htm

    Prints perfectly here - Konqueror on Kubuntu 6.06.......

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Kubuntu 6.06, Open Office 2
    Gordon, Jun 15, 2006

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> I've created a 4 column table with FrontPage and when posted to
    >> the website it looks fine, but when I print it the agency columns get
    >> pushed in and the agency names then take up 2 lines rather than 1,
    >> throwing off the alignment they have with columns 2 & 4.
    >> There is plenty of space to the left/right after printing but I need it
    >> to print as shown. Anyone know how to fix it so it prints as shown?
    >>
    >> Here it is.
    >> http://maaclink.org/agencies/agency_by_zip.htm

    > Prints perfectly here - Konqueror on Kubuntu 6.06.......
    >
    > --

    Thanks, guess it's in my PC settings somewhere
    Rick, Jun 15, 2006
  4. Rick

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:36:03 GMT, Rick wrote:

    >I've created a 4 column table with FrontPage and when posted to
    >the website it looks fine, but when I print it the agency columns get
    >pushed in and the agency names then take up 2 lines rather than 1,

    Make it it's (titles) own row, you are doing

    Title
    data
    data
    data

    So if the title wraps to

    Titl
    Data
    Data

    As you say it's out of line.

    >throwing off the alignment they have with columns 2 & 4.

    You use CSS and @media print to set formats for printing. Some printer
    drivers are better than others for support. However you can set font
    face/size to it's a bit more consistent.

    Printer fonts aren't always the same as screen.

    Besides the usual FP rubbish, why restrict the table width, if the text
    is wrapping it's doing it in the width you are setting

    That would be 62% of what?

    >There is plenty of space to the left/right after printing but I need it
    >to print as shown. Anyone know how to fix it so it prints as shown?

    Mozilla print preview(Default Generic/Text) , shows a lot of the
    underlines in the agencies cols extend to the far right.

    >Here it is.
    >http://maaclink.org/agencies/agency_by_zip.htm

    At least this isn't so bad as some,
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://maaclink.org/agencies/agency_by_zip.htm
    Result: Failed validation, 4 errors
    Encoding: windows-1252
    Doctype: (no Doctype found)

    Generally some validation errors may cause rendering errors.

    Always use different browsers, viewing the page in IE

    -------width of IE window----------------
    both agencies text takes 2 lines, it's wrapped.

    -------width of Moz window--------
    neither line is wrapped, in a narrower window.

    Because the font is smaller.

    Opera is more like MSIE, same width window , both wrap.

    Me
    why?, Jun 15, 2006
  5. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Thanks.......

    Rick, Jun 15, 2006
  6. Rick wrote:

    > I've created a 4 column table with FrontPage and when posted to the
    > website it looks fine, but when I print it the agency columns get
    > pushed in and the agency names then take up 2 lines rather than 1,
    > throwing off the alignment they have with columns 2 & 4. There is
    > plenty of space to the left/right after printing but I need it to
    > print as shown. Anyone know how to fix it so it prints as shown?
    >
    > Here it is.
    > http://maaclink.org/agencies/agency_by_zip.htm

    It would probably help if you didn't constrain the table to just
    slightly more than half of the available width.

    Change the percentage to, oh, 90% and see what happens. In a browser on
    a 800x600 screen, your columns are really stuffed up. You should also
    drop the pixel-sized widths on the cells themselves. Tables cells are
    supposed to float to fit the content.

    Also, I'm not sure why you are using all the <a href..> <br> rather than
    put each link in a <tr> row, which is what tables do.

    Make the column headings like this, using <th> [table heading]:

    <th>Missouri Agencies</th>
    <th>Zips</th>
    <th>Kansas Agencies</th>
    <th>Zips</th>

    ...then proceed with

    Ministries</a></td>
    href="Vaughn-Trent_Community_Service,_Inc..htm">Vaughn-Trent Community
    Service, Inc.</a></td>
    ....all the rest (watch word wrap here in this post)

    Note that now your link and your zipcode are at the same place in the
    code. Much more convenient for maintenance. Stop using all the <font>
    tags and use just a bit of CSS to style the whole page.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 15, 2006