Help with file/printer sharing

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Kurt, Apr 14, 2008.

  1. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    Hello,
    I am having problems setting up my netword for sharing my printer and files.

    My desktop is running Vista, and my wireless laptop is running XP.
    I have a wireless G Belkin rounter and Belkin wireless G card for my laptop.

    I do have an internet connection through the wireless connection, but
    neither the desktop nor laptop will recongize each other.

    I changed the laptop workgroup name from the default mshome to WORKGROUP,
    so they are named the same on both computers.

    File sharing and printer sharing is 'on', so I don't know what is going on.
    About a month ago, everything was sharing fine, but it suddenly quit working.
    I recently had to restore my laptop, so I figured I would be able to get
    the file sharing up an running again, but it has not been going well.

    I appreciate any help with helping me share!!

    Thank you,
    Kurt

    Kurt, Apr 14, 2008

  2. Hi