help with exercise in 70-305

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Brock, Sep 11, 2008.

  1. Brock

    Brock Guest

    I'm using PrepLogic's book (by Gunderloy) for 70-305 (pp587-589) and
    am confused by an exercise consuming a Web service. I'm using Visual
    Web Developer Express 2008 v9. I have a textbox, a listbox, and a
    button on my .aspx form. I'm trying to use the
    http://developer.capeclear.com/files/GlobalWeather.wsdl as my Web
    reference which looks good so far. Could someone see what might be
    wrong? I had to change some code due to the WSDL for the service aving
    changed.

    Private Sub btnGetSummary_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles btnGetSummary.Click

    Dim aw As com.capeclear.developer.WeatherReport = New
    com.capeclear.developer.WeatherReport()
    Dim ws As com.capeclear.developer.getWeatherReport =
    aw.getWeatherReport(txtCode.Text)

    With lbResults.Items
    .Clear()
    .Add("Visibility: " & ws.visibility)
    .Add("Temperature: " & ws.temperature)
    .Add("Winds: " & ws.winds)
    .Add("Precipitation: " & ws.precipitation)
    .Add("Sky: " & ws.sky)
    .Add("Pressure: " & ws.pressure)
    End With
    End Sub