    Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
    Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90
    www.goodforu2.co.uk

    ivan clough, Apr 19, 2005

  2. ivan clough

    JANA Guest

    There is an error for you to get your emails. Most likely it is on their
    side, if you did not modify anything in your set-up with them.

    Many of these free services do have problems from time to time. After a day
    or so, it will most likely be fixed by them, if the fault is on your end.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "ivan clough" <> wrote in message
    Hi.
    I am getting the following error code when I access 24horsupport.helpdesk
    I would be grateful for any advice.
    Cheers
    Ivan

    -- The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server:
    'pop.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy

    JANA, Apr 19, 2005

  3. ivan clough

    WormWood Guest

    Weren't you happy with the response(s) to this same question?

    WormWood, Apr 19, 2005
  4. ivan clough

    Mike Easter Guest

    ivan clough wrote:
    > I am getting the following error code when I access
    > 24horsupport.helpdesk

    24h is a newsgroup accessed with your news account, not the pop mail
    fetching server.

    > -- The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com',
    > Server: 'pop.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR
    > AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port:
    > 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
    > 0x800CCC90

    That error looks like an AVG antiviral proxy is trying to access the
    freeserve [that's wanadoo uk isn't it?] pop mail server.

    news is news, mail is mail.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Apr 19, 2005
  5. ivan clough

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:48:44 +0100, ivan clough wrote:

    >Hi.
    >I am getting the following error code when I access 24horsupport.helpdesk

    Really?

    If you mean this NG, the error message is for POP (mail) and not news.

    >I would be grateful for any advice.
    >Cheers
    >Ivan

    Are you running AVG AntiVirus? If so see the AVG help / support anf
    FAQs.

    It appears you are as the 2nd search below shows.

    >-- The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server:
    >'pop.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy
    >Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
    >Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90
    >www.goodforu2.co.uk

    www.google.com for 0x800CCC90

    http://www.google.com/search?q=0x800CCC90

    How to deal with Outlook Express error 0x800ccc90
    How to deal with Outlook Express error 0x800ccc90: Password was
    rejected.
    www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/oe_errors_0x800ccc90.html - 17k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Grasshopppernet Outlook Errors - 0x800ccc90
    .... 0x800ccc90 - There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your
    Password
    was rejected. Check your Outlook Express settings, making sure that the
    www.grasshoppernet.com/ technicalsupport/outlook/0x800ccc90.html - 5k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    You receive error 0x800ccc90 or error 0x800ccc18 when you try to ...
    When you try to log on to Microsoft Exchange Server with Outlook Express
    by using
    Secure Password Authentication, you may see the following error messages
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198704/EN-US/ - Similar pages

    and for the ERR AVG bit,
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&q=ERR AVG POP3

    AVG Free Forum :: Email Scanning :: Server Response -ERR AVG POP3 ...
    .... Followed by an error report: Server response '–ERR AVG POP3 Proxy
    Server cannot
    connect to the mail server Port: 110 Secure (SSL)' [then some hex ...
    http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?3,28880,29941 - 23k - Cached
    - Similar pages

    AVG Free Forum :: Email Scanning :: The pop3 proxy error
    ... I get the same errors with my pop3 provider GMX, it says ERR AVG
    POP3. ...
    This completely solved my -ERR AVG POP3 error which existed since

    http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?3,26516,page=2,backpage=13 -
    22k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from forum.grisoft.cz ]

    vnunet.com forums - AVG Anti Virus - Upgrade to version 7
    http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jsp?forum=6&thread=55480 - Similar pages

    vnunet.com forums - POP3 +Firewall problems
    http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jsp?forum=2&thread=52566 - Similar
    pages

    Eudora Forums - SympaticoEnhanced Email Problems
    .... 6C4 8:0.0 Dialog: " ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the
    mail
    server!\r\n" 6C4 8:0.0 Dialog: "Error reading from network\r\n" ...
    http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=3026&goto=nextoldest - 70k
    - Cached - Similar pages

    XPForum :: View topic - Trouble with AVG and Outlook express
    .... Account: 'pop3.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.tiscali.co.uk',
    Protocol: POP3,
    Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail
    www.xpforum.co.uk/forum/archive.php/
    o_t__t_6964__trouble-with-avg-and-outlook-express.html - 28k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Apr 19, 2005
  6. ivan clough

    trout Guest

    ivan clough wrote:

    > Hi.
    > I am getting the following error code when I access
    > 24horsupport.helpdesk
    > I would be grateful for any advice.
    > Cheers
    > Ivan
    >

    > -- The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com',
    > Server: 'pop.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR
    > AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port:
    > 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
    > 0x800CCC90
    > www.goodforu2.co.uk

    Try this. Go to Tools; Accounts; News tab, and double click the News
    account (or click "Properties"; same thing).
    Make sure that "Include this account when checking for new messages"
    is *not* checked.
    --
    That's my guess.

    trout, Apr 19, 2005
  7. ivan clough

    trout Guest

    [returned from email. Please keep replies within the newsgroup so that
    others looking for solutions may benefit from discussions.]

    [paste]

    ivan CLOUGH <> wrote:
    > That did the trick.
    > Thanks matey.
    > Ivan

    Good to hear. And please remember: "reply to group"; not 'sender'.

    trout, Apr 20, 2005