    Again I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone of y'all would
    answer this, additional information is also welcome.

    Thank you!

    Magan, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Start your research at http://www.microsoft.com/learning

    Don't You Wish, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Magan

    Techie Guest

    skip the MCSE until you are done school, get a degree first its more
    important than certs.

    --
    Techie
    MCNGP #21

    Techie, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Magan

    |{evin Guest

    On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:45:34 -0800, "Magan" <>
    wrote:

    >Hey everyone, I would greatly appreciate it if someone
    >would help me with my problem.
    >Right now I'm a Junior in high school, and planning on
    >taking a MCSE course at my local vocational center my
    >senior year. I've been working with Microsoft programs
    >since I was 6, so I'm pretty sure this is what I want to
    >do. =-)

    Working with Microsoft Programs != Administering a Microsoft network.

    >Anyways, my problem is that I don't have a clear
    >understanding of what I have to do in order to become MC
    >as a Systems Administrator. After high school I'll be

    Well... you have to be a Admin for a while.. then go get certified to
    prove that you know what you're talking about.

    >attending a community college to further this, but I've
    >asked numerous certified people, and I never get a
    >straight answer - do I need to transfer to a 4+ year
    >college to become an administrator or what?

    A degree has nothing to do with being certified.

    >Again I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone of y'all would
    >answer this, additional information is also welcome.
    >
    > Thank you!

    Best course of action... get a degree... it is far more valuable than
    the cert.. get an entry level helpdesk position and go from there..

    |{evin, Jan 4, 2004
  5. Magan

    Tron2004 Guest

    The owner of the IT company I work for has no certs but offers training
    classes. He also has no College education.
    He is making a killing because of being the main company in a high
    industrial area that works on corporate networks.

    He also didn't get addicted to anything like most of us who have drinking
    problems from spending that 30,000 on College tuition and partying.

    I meet people all the time with College education who make a great amount of
    money. Meet others who make a great amount of money with Certs being their
    education. Also, meet plenty of other people who have no education and make
    a killing cause they just go out in the world and work hard. College is
    not going to hurt, but as one being more important than the other that I
    don't believe. I work with guys who are MCSE cert with no College. Work
    with guys who are College educated no certs. Also work with guys who have
    the MCSE and College and we all make the same amount of cash. Some of the
    coworkers do not have College or a MCSE. What they do have is an A+ cert
    and experience and make the same amount of cash doing the same corporate
    work on networks at my company. The only thing we do have is maybe bragging
    rights with what one of us has and the other doesn't. It will be profitable
    when company's start giving more money for bragging rights.

    Tron2004, Jan 5, 2004
  6. Magan

    Consultant Guest

    where is the helpful post from paisleyskye, queen of IT? friend to all
    newbies.....

    --
    Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
    Lead Thug, Public Enemy #1

    Consultant, Jan 5, 2004
  7. Magan

    JaR Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > where is the helpful post from paisleyskye, queen of IT? friend to all
    > newbies.....

    Exhausted from the last few days of battle, she reclines in her darkened
    drawing room, cool, damp cloth covering her fevered eyes, with an Ovaltine
    and a box of bon bons clutched in frail, trembling hands.

    Sally forth, brave paiselyskye! Falter not at the seeming uselessness of
    your efforts! The amusement you have brought all here is beyond measure.

    JaR
    Thug#22

    JaR, Jan 5, 2004
  8. >College is
    >not going to hurt, but as one being more important than the other that I
    >don't believe. I work with guys who are MCSE cert with no College. Work
    >with guys who are College educated no certs. Also work with guys who have
    >the MCSE and College and we all make the same amount of cash. Some of the
    >coworkers do not have College or a MCSE. What they do have is an A+ cert
    >and experience and make the same amount of cash doing the same corporate
    >work on networks at my company. The only thing we do have is maybe bragging
    >rights with what one of us has and the other doesn't. It will be profitable
    >when company's start giving more money for bragging rights.

    I agree. However the problem is getting that first job, getting the
    first foot on that first run on the ladder of experience. One need's
    to get noticed by prospective employers, the best way to do that is
    with a good education and that't best done when you're young.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004