Help with dynamic routing

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Guest, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Maybe someone has a clue to attack the following issue:

    I have 3 routers, a cisco3620, a cisco1721 and a non-cisco
    The non-Cisco router can only route and only work with Static's

    The main route between the local and the remote lan is as follows
    Local_LAN - 3620 - NONCISCO - 1721 - remote_LAN

    The 3620 and the NONCISCO are on the same Ethernet, the Local_LAN

    I want to configure ISDN-backup between the Local_LAN and the remote_LAN.
    This is how I have tried to do this:

    EIGRP on 3620
    EIGRP on 1721
    Tunnel between 3620 and 1721

    Here are is my problem:

    I built a tunnel so I can use DialerWatch. Now I see that the main
    traffic also ends up in the tunnel, But I want it to go directly (for
    bandwidth reasons) via the NONCISCO.

    A static from the 3620 to the NONCISCO works in directing the traffic to
    the NONCISCO, but if the ISDN kicks in (Dialer Watch), this main traffic
    is still directed to the NONCISCO. Thus giving me nothing

    The main problem is the static route. It should disappear if the NON-
    CISCO fails or if the line between the NON-CISCO and the 1721 fails.

    Anybody has a clue or an alternative solution?

    Thanks

    Guest, Oct 26, 2003