    DVD?

    Any help would be appreciated.
    mikey

    rwright, Feb 13, 2004

  2. rwright

    Skid Guest

    See the guides at www.dvdrhelp.com

    "rwright" <> wrote in message
    news:qlWWb.1754$...
    > I took a tape of a play that I have and captured it onto my computer. I
    > used Ulead Video Studio 7 to capture adn then burn. The video was one

    hour
    > and 40 minutes long. The DVD I recorded on was 4.7 GB and 120 min. So

    why

    Skid, Feb 13, 2004

  3. you don't say what bitrate you used. if you don't specify Ulead video studio
    will use default values and that has made your film bigger than 4.7GB

    BTW, in reality a lot of DVD-R while they 4.7GB on the lid, often don't hold
    beyond 4.5GB

    take the whole 120min thing with a big pinch of salt. for example, at a
    lower bitrate, you can get much longer video on there. or less depending on
    how it's been done.

    check out

    www.doom9.org

    for more info

    "rwright" <> wrote in message
    > I took a tape of a play that I have and captured it onto my computer. I
    > used Ulead Video Studio 7 to capture adn then burn. The video was one

    hour
    > and 40 minutes long. The DVD I recorded on was 4.7 GB and 120 min. So

    why
    > did my computer say that there was not enough space on the dic to burn the
    > DVD?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > mikey

    ---

    Vincent Formosa, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Now isn't that interesting, I was goin to post a question about
    something just like that here: I just bought one of those
    3-movies-on-a-dvd for 9$ that have 3 classic B&W mysteries on them and
    the three movies add up to about 270 minutes, over 4 hours. I don't
    think it's a double layer disk, so how can they get three movies on
    one dvd?

    PL

    "Vincent Formosa" <> wrote:

    >you don't say what bitrate you used. if you don't specify Ulead video studio
    >will use default values and that has made your film bigger than 4.7GB
    >
    >BTW, in reality a lot of DVD-R while they 4.7GB on the lid, often don't hold
    >beyond 4.5GB
    >
    >take the whole 120min thing with a big pinch of salt. for example, at a
    >lower bitrate, you can get much longer video on there. or less depending on
    >how it's been done.
    >
    >check out
    >
    >www.doom9.org
    >
    >for more info
    >

    >"rwright" <> wrote in message
    >> I took a tape of a play that I have and captured it onto my computer. I
    >> used Ulead Video Studio 7 to capture adn then burn. The video was one

    >hour
    >> and 40 minutes long. The DVD I recorded on was 4.7 GB and 120 min. So

    >why
    >> did my computer say that there was not enough space on the dic to burn the
    >> DVD?
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >> mikey
    >>

    >---

    Paul Lefebvre
    plefebvre@*removethis*wwdc.com
    Visit my website!
    http://www.geocities.com/joeyp99

    Paul Lefebvre, Feb 14, 2004
  5. rwright

    Skid Guest

    By compressing the foo out of them. What makes you think it's not
    dual-layer?

    Skid, Feb 14, 2004
  6. "Skid" <> wrote:

    >By compressing the foo out of them. What makes you think it's not
    >dual-layer?

    Other dvd's that are dual-layer seem to be slightly thicker than this
    one. As to the quality, you're prob. right, they are old black and
    white movies and there's this disclaimer at the beginning of the dvd
    that reads "fragile quality of the original may result in picture
    quality that is not similar to present standards" or something like
    that.
    PL

    Paul Lefebvre, Feb 15, 2004