Help with Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rubix, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Rubix

    Rubix Guest

    I'm having trouble uploading to my web server. Under the catergory my
    setup lloks like this:

    Local Info
    Site Name: Test
    Local Root Folder: C:\mywebsite
    --------
    HTTP Address: http://

    Remote Info
    Access: FTP
    FTP Host: myDomain.com
    Host Directory: (what should I put here?) Have it blank presently
    Login:**********
    Password: ************

    Use passive ftp: unchecked
    Use firewall: unchecked
    Use SSH encrypted secure login: unchecked

    Automatically upload files to server on save: checked
    Check In/Out: unchecked

    I tested this setup and I was able to connect to m web server
    successfully.

    When I try to connect or save anything I get the following error:
    Dreamweaver cannot determine the remote server time. The Select Newer
    and Synchronize commands will not be available.

    or,

    An FTP error has occured - cannot put tester.htm.
    550 tester.htm: access is denied.

    Help!

    Thanks,

    Rube
    Rubix, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Rubix

    Phil Guest

    Rubix <> wrote in

    > I'm having trouble uploading to my web server. Under the catergory my
    > setup lloks like this:
    >
    > Local Info
    > Site Name: Test
    > Local Root Folder: C:\mywebsite
    > --------
    > HTTP Address: http://
    >

    > Remote Info
    > Access: FTP
    > FTP Host: myDomain.com
    > Host Directory: (what should I put here?) Have it blank presently
    > Login:**********
    > Password: ************
    >
    > Use passive ftp: unchecked
    > Use firewall: unchecked
    > Use SSH encrypted secure login: unchecked
    >
    > Automatically upload files to server on save: checked
    > Check In/Out: unchecked
    >
    > I tested this setup and I was able to connect to m web server
    > successfully.
    >
    > When I try to connect or save anything I get the following error:
    > Dreamweaver cannot determine the remote server time. The Select Newer
    > and Synchronize commands will not be available.
    >
    > or,
    >
    > An FTP error has occured - cannot put tester.htm.
    > 550 tester.htm: access is denied.

    Check your ISP for the ftp host address. Just leave the "FTP://" part
    off. The host directory should be "/" (without the quotes).

    --
    Phil M.
    MCSE - NT4/2000
    Phil, Jul 3, 2003

  3. Rubix

    NEMISIES Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 02:43:47 GMT, Rubix <> wrote:

    >I'm having trouble uploading to my web server. Under the catergory my
    >setup lloks like this:
    >
    >Local Info
    >Site Name: Test
    >Local Root Folder: C:\mywebsite
    >--------
    >HTTP Address: http://
    >

    >Remote Info
    >Access: FTP
    >FTP Host: myDomain.com
    >Host Directory: (what should I put here?) Have it blank presently
    >Login:**********
    >Password: ************
    >
    >Use passive ftp: unchecked

    CHECK it

    >Use firewall: unchecked

    CHECK it

    >Use SSH encrypted secure login: unchecked

    CHECK it

    >Automatically upload files to server on save: checked
    >Check In/Out: unchecked

    CHECK it

    NEMISIES, Jul 3, 2003
  4. Rubix

    Phil Guest

    Rubix <> wrote in news:10a7gvo9u278f3qm3j99lqlviufm0i5vqg@
    4ax.com:

    > For the FTP Host it is suggested just to put mydomainname. I placed /
    > in Host Directory. Still no go.

    This is what your ISP told you? For my web site the http is different from
    my FTP address.

    --
    Phil M.
    MCSE - NT4/2000
    Phil, Jul 3, 2003
  5. Rubix

    Rubix Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:42:42 GMT, Phil <> wrote:

    >Rubix <> wrote in news:10a7gvo9u278f3qm3j99lqlviufm0i5vqg@
    >4ax.com:
    >
    >> For the FTP Host it is suggested just to put mydomainname. I placed /
    >> in Host Directory. Still no go.

    >This is what your ISP told you? For my web site the http is different from
    >my FTP address.

    How do I find out what my ftp address is? You aren't speaking of my
    IP address are you? I tried my IP and same error occured.
    Rubix, Jul 3, 2003
  6. Rubix

    Phil Guest

    Rubix <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:42:42 GMT, Phil <> wrote:
    >
    >>Rubix <> wrote in
    >>news:10a7gvo9u278f3qm3j99lqlviufm0i5vqg@ 4ax.com:
    >>
    >>> For the FTP Host it is suggested just to put mydomainname. I placed
    >>> / in Host Directory. Still no go.

    >>This is what your ISP told you? For my web site the http is different
    >>from my FTP address.

    > How do I find out what my ftp address is? You aren't speaking of my
    > IP address are you? I tried my IP and same error occured.

    Contact your ISP or whoever is hosting your web site in order to get your
    FTP address.

    --
    Phil M.
    MCSE - NT4/2000