    never tried bit torrent or anything, I confused how all this stuff
    works...is there ftp stuff to download directly or anything...need some
    advice, thanks

    helpme, Jun 9, 2005

  2. helpme wrote:

    > Hi I normally use Bearshare for music and the odd movies. When I google
    > certain movies, it seems there are servers with movies on them....I have
    > never tried bit torrent or anything, I confused how all this stuff
    > works...is there ftp stuff to download directly or anything...need some
    > advice, thanks

    E-mail Admin at the sites concerned and ask them if they offer ftp as
    well as http.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 9, 2005

  3. helpme

    Guest

    On "helpme" <> wrote:

    |>Hi I normally use Bearshare for music and the odd movies. When I google
    |>certain movies, it seems there are servers with movies on them....I have
    |>never tried bit torrent or anything, I confused how all this stuff
    |>works...is there ftp stuff to download directly or anything...need some
    |>advice, thanks

    I use bittornado http://www.bittornado.com/ It's a bittorrent
    downloader that allows throttling, I get discouraged when I'm
    uploading 35 and downloading 5 :)

    First you download the torrent file (with anything) it will be a small
    file, name'd something.torrent.

    Clicking on the torrent file will bring up whatever you've decided as
    your torrent program asking for place to save it to; then hide the
    window and go about your business while it completes your file.

    Keep an eye on http://www.bittorrent.com/ they are going to start
    providing a torrent search feature soon.
    http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/05/23/1710206&from=rss

    Why bittorrent? Small (very little overhead), open source, no spyware,
    and when something is first released it's sent out as a torrent.

    --
    http://www.bulletinboardforum.com/grape/microwave_grape_lightning.php

    , Jun 9, 2005