    done i don't have all of the parts of the songs and there are large gaps in
    the music...I am pretty sure there is a way to fix it, I just don't know how
    or where to look for more help...Thanks so much

    Shawn C, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Shawn C

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:13:10 GMT, "Shawn C" <> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I need some help. I've been downloading music from news groups. When I'm
    >done i don't have all of the parts of the songs and there are large gaps in
    >the music...I am pretty sure there is a way to fix it, I just don't know how
    >or where to look for more help...Thanks so much

    Par files are used to rebuild missing parts of files. If there were no par
    files included, then you're out of luck. Either ask for a repost, or get a
    better news server. :(

    Smart Par
    http://www.disc-chord.com/smartpar/
    http://www.disc-chord.com/smartpar/info.html
    http://ice.prohosting.com/smartpar/releases/SmartPAR_0.11d1.zip
    http://www.geocities.com/smartpar_1/smartpar.zip

    SmartPar Tutoria
    http://www.slyck.com/smartpar.php
    http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=6
    http://www.smr-usenet.com/tutor/smartpar.shtml
    SmartPar Tutorial File (Download)
    http://www.smr-usenet.com/download/smartpar.chm

    Par2 files require Quickpar.
    http://www.pbclements.co.uk/QuickPar/

    FSRaid is a *much* better program for PARs.
    http://www.fluidstudios.com/fsraid.html

    Unk, Jul 19, 2004

  3. Shawn C

    °Mike° Guest

    Courtesy of gangle:
    ----------------------

    To assemble a multi-part post using Outlook Express,
    click part 1, then, while holding down the Ctrl key,
    click each of the remaining parts. When you have
    highlighted the last part, Right click and choose
    "Combine and Decode." Make sure all parts are in
    order in the window that pops up, then click "OK."
    When all parts have downloaded and been decoded,
    a window will appear with the File Icon in the
    bottom left corner (OE4) or in the "Attach"
    line (OE5 & 6). Right click on the icon, choose
    "save as" and, within the browser window that
    appears, choose "Desktop" as the place to initially
    save it. If you want to keep it, you can later CUT and
    PASTE it from Desktop to any folder you want.

    IMPORTANT NOTE: In OE4 it is possible to download
    a multi-part binary while simultaneously reading or
    posting to other NGs, or reading/sending email -- But:
    in the "upgraded" OE5 & 6, downloading a multi-part file
    makes the program UNUSABLE for most other functions
    while the process goes on; so, if you frequently want to
    download multi-part binary files, it's more practical
    to use a dedicated news reading and posting program,
    such as Agent ("Full" Agent @ $29 -- NOT Free Agent):
    http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php
    or Xnews (free):
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/
    or Gravity (free):
    http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/start1.html
    for downloading binaries.
    Also, for $35, there is Newsbin, which is strictly
    for downloading binaries:
    http://www.newsbin.com/ .
    You could still use OE5 or 6 as an email program
    and to view/post to text-only NGs, while using one of
    the above programs to retrieve binaries.

    yEnc is a type of binary to text encoding that has much
    less "overhead" than Uuencoded files.
    Note: OE does not internally decode yEnc messages.
    You must use a third-party program to acheive this,
    the easiest being yProxy:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?X15D24D96

    Again, I suggest that, for binaries, it would be more
    practical to just switch to one of the dedicated newsreaders
    mentioned above, which all handle yEnc internally.

    RAR files are (usually) large multimedia type of files (.avi, .mpg,
    ..mov, .rm, etc.) that have been archived and split into
    parts. You need WinRar to reassemble the archive and
    decompress it. http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
    (shareware, but always usable, even after the trial period).

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:13:10 GMT, in
    <a3VKc.49382$>
    Shawn C scrawled:

    --