    again at a later time and you will be able to come back to the survey
    exactly where you left off. Thanks for the help!

    Gaia

    beatgaia, Apr 22, 2007

  2. beatgaia

    Robert Coe Guest

    On 21 Apr 2007 18:07:09 -0700, beatgaia <> wrote:
    : Hi,
    : I'm a PhD student at the University of Southern California. I need to
    : collect data among Chinese and US people for my final Dissertation. I
    : would appreciate if you could spend five minutes answering my survey
    : at:
    :
    : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=46793649219

    You must be joking. You expect a reputable university to accept a PhD
    dissertation based on information gathered in such a patently unscientific
    survey? My advice would be to bag that idea and spare yourself the
    embarrassment of trying to explain it to a room full of skeptical professors
    and grad students at your defense.

    : You will be asked to express your opinion about two cars. It doesn't
    : take longer than a couple of minutes. If you cannot finish the survey
    : in one sitting, you can close the browser and your place in the
    : survey will be automatically saved. You can click on this same link
    : again at a later time and you will be able to come back to the survey
    : exactly where you left off.

    Translation: "I'll serve you a cookie that will let me pick your computer's
    brain anytime I damn well please." Maybe you're not a PhD student. Maybe
    you're just a spammer, or a planter of spyware. I guess that would help
    explain the silly yarn about the survey.

    : Thanks for the help!

    You're welcome. Now go back to your own newsgroups and leave us alone. We have
    enough pinheads over here already.

    Robert Coe, Apr 22, 2007

  3. Robert Coe wrote:
    []
    > You must be joking. You expect a reputable university to accept a PhD
    > dissertation based on information gathered in such a patently
    > unscientific survey? My advice would be to bag that idea and spare
    > yourself the embarrassment of trying to explain it to a room full of
    > skeptical professors and grad students at your defense.

    Maybe the PhD is actually about how people on newsgroups react and
    respond?

    David

    David J Taylor, Apr 22, 2007
  4. beatgaia

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 07:26:49 +0000, David J Taylor wrote:

    > Robert Coe wrote:
    > []
    >> You must be joking. You expect a reputable university to accept a PhD
    >> dissertation based on information gathered in such a patently
    >> unscientific survey? My advice would be to bag that idea and spare
    >> yourself the embarrassment of trying to explain it to a room full of
    >> skeptical professors and grad students at your defense.

    > Maybe the PhD is actually about how people on newsgroups react and
    > respond?
    >
    > David

    Will they let him put the swear words in?

    --
    Neil
    reverse 'r' and'a' - delete 'l' for email

    Neil Ellwood, Apr 22, 2007