    inserted in the CD rom or DVD drives?

    Thanks for any assistance.
    Frank

    ECLiPSE 2002, Jul 1, 2007

  2. ECLiPSE 2002

    Guest

    ECLiPSE 2002 <> wrote:

    >When I insert a disk in either of my optical drives the disk contents
    >open and start - this is something new, it never happened before -I
    >prefer to select opening manually.
    >How does one disable auto start of an optical drive when the disk is
    >inserted in the CD rom or DVD drives?

    Properties of the CD/DVD will let you disable autorun.

    another way is to:

    Start | run | REGEDIT <enter> Goto
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom

    Double click on AutoRun and make sure it's set to 0
    <reboot>

    This will causes a problem of the CD/DVD name not refreshing the CD
    title when replaced (no big deal).

    --

    Woman tries to buy all of the iPhones at a store and gets owned.
    http://tinyurl.com/2j43rj

    , Jul 1, 2007