    to combine both of these movie files into one movie and then record it onto
    a dvd disc. Is there a way to combine two movie files into one? How is this
    done?
    Charlie Brookhart, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Charlie Brookhart

    Biz Guest

    www.videohelp.com
    www.digitalfaq.com
    www.doom9.net

    "Charlie Brookhart" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have two movie files, both of which are in different formats. I would

    like

    Biz, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Charlie Brookhart

    Guest

    After reviewing the three links provided, I think I need to provide
    some more information about what it is that I am trying to do.

    I have one AVI file and one Real Player file. Both of these are a
    seperate audio and video that have been combined into one -- basically
    like a powerpoint presentation with background music although what I
    have are videos -- using software similar to the ones mentioned in the
    links.

    What I am looking to do is take these video files and combine them into
    one video if that is even possible.

    Biz wrote:
    > www.videohelp.com
    > www.digitalfaq.com
    > www.doom9.net
    >
    > "Charlie Brookhart" <> wrote in message
    > > I have two movie files, both of which are in different formats. I

    would
    > like
    > > to combine both of these movie files into one movie and then record

    it
    > onto
    > > a dvd disc. Is there a way to combine two movie files into one? How

    is
    > this
    > > done?

    , Dec 31, 2004
  4. Charlie Brookhart

    Jay G. Guest

    On 30 Dec 2004 16:40:36 -0800, wrote:

    > After reviewing the three links provided, I think I need to provide
    > some more information about what it is that I am trying to do.
    >
    > I have one AVI file and one Real Player file. Both of these are a
    > seperate audio and video that have been combined into one -- basically
    > like a powerpoint presentation with background music although what I
    > have are videos -- using software similar to the ones mentioned in the
    > links.
    >
    > What I am looking to do is take these video files and combine them into
    > one video if that is even possible.
    >
    > Biz wrote:
    >> www.videohelp.com
    >> www.digitalfaq.com
    >> www.doom9.net

    Convert the RM and the AVI file to two separate MPEG2 files. Then join the
    two MPEG2 files together. Then burn the joined file to DVD. The links Biz
    provided should give you details on how to perform each step.

    -Jay
    Jay G., Dec 31, 2004
  5. Charlie Brookhart

    Guest

    There doesn't seem to be anything covered in the guides about
    converting AVI to MPEG. As far as RM to MPEG, I'm not sure where to
    find the program used for this conversion. I searched the internet for
    AVI to MPEG and was able to find a program that will do this. Maybe the
    same program will also do the other format.

    Jay G. wrote:
    > On 30 Dec 2004 16:40:36 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > > After reviewing the three links provided, I think I need to provide
    > > some more information about what it is that I am trying to do.
    > >
    > > I have one AVI file and one Real Player file. Both of these are a
    > > seperate audio and video that have been combined into one --

    basically
    > > like a powerpoint presentation with background music although what

    > > have are videos -- using software similar to the ones mentioned in

    the
    > > links.
    > >
    > > What I am looking to do is take these video files and combine them

    into
    > > one video if that is even possible.
    > >
    > > Biz wrote:
    > >> www.videohelp.com
    > >> www.digitalfaq.com
    > >> www.doom9.net

    > Convert the RM and the AVI file to two separate MPEG2 files. Then

    join the
    > two MPEG2 files together. Then burn the joined file to DVD. The

    links Biz
    > provided should give you details on how to perform each step.
    >
    > -Jay
    , Dec 31, 2004
  6. Charlie Brookhart

    Jay G. Guest

    On 30 Dec 2004 21:00:08 -0800, wrote:
    > Jay G. wrote:

    >> Convert the RM and the AVI file to two separate MPEG2 files. Then
    >> join the two MPEG2 files together. Then burn the joined file
    >> to DVD. The links Biz provided should give you details on how to
    >> perform each step.

    > There doesn't seem to be anything covered in the guides about
    > converting AVI to MPEG. As far as RM to MPEG, I'm not sure where to
    > find the program used for this conversion.

    I clicked on the "Convert" link at www.videohelp.com, marked the
    "Format Conversion" link to "RM to DVD" and got several links, one of
    which was this:

    "How to convert all video formats to DVD using WinAVI 6.0"
    http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?link=642

    Another link leads to this program:
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=EO_Video

    EO Video can also do AVI and join files.

    Incidentally, when replying to USENET posts, please place your reply at
    the bottom of the message, instead of on top. Top-posting, while fine
    for email, is not considered good form when replying to a newsgroup.
    -Jay
    Jay G., Dec 31, 2004
  7. "Jay G." <> wrote in message

    > >> Convert the RM and the AVI file to two separate MPEG2 files. Then
    > >> join the two MPEG2 files together. Then burn the joined file
    > >> to DVD. The links Biz provided should give you details on how to
    > >> perform each step.

    > > There doesn't seem to be anything covered in the guides about
    > > converting AVI to MPEG. As far as RM to MPEG, I'm not sure where to
    > > find the program used for this conversion.

    > I clicked on the "Convert" link at www.videohelp.com, marked the
    > "Format Conversion" link to "RM to DVD" and got several links, one of
    > which was this:
    >
    > "How to convert all video formats to DVD using WinAVI 6.0"
    > http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?link=642
    >
    > Another link leads to this program:
    > http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=EO_Video
    >
    > EO Video can also do AVI and join files.
    >
    > Incidentally, when replying to USENET posts, please place your reply at
    > the bottom of the message, instead of on top. Top-posting, while fine
    > for email, is not considered good form when replying to a newsgroup.
    > -Jay

    Thanks for the USENET tip.

    In regards to the file conversions, I have managed to convert each of the
    files to mpeg files following the example page. Now I'm trying to figure out
    how to join the two files together using EO Video. I've looked this up in
    the help topics, but the answer it provides doesn't really help me any.
    According to the help topic, the joining can be done in the conversion
    screen. There is no option for joining in the conversion screen, unless I am
    missing something. When I go to the join screen, I am prompted for a
    destination folder and output folder--this seems to be the same steps I just
    completed in the conversion process. So, how do I join the two files
    together?
    Charlie Brookhart, Dec 31, 2004
  8. Charlie Brookhart

    Jay G. Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:47:12 -0500, Charlie Brookhart wrote:
    > In regards to the file conversions, I have managed to convert each of the
    > files to mpeg files following the example page. Now I'm trying to figure out
    > how to join the two files together using EO Video. I've looked this up in
    > the help topics, but the answer it provides doesn't really help me any.
    > According to the help topic, the joining can be done in the conversion
    > screen. There is no option for joining in the conversion screen, unless I am
    > missing something. When I go to the join screen, I am prompted for a
    > destination folder and output folder--this seems to be the same steps I just
    > completed in the conversion process. So, how do I join the two files
    > together?

    I don't know about EO Video, but all the other file joiners I've used have
    always output to a new, joined file. So it's not surprising it's asking
    for a destination. Try the join function, it shouldn't take long to do
    since it won't have to re-encode the video but just copy the two videos to
    a new joined file.

    -Jay
    Jay G., Jan 2, 2005