Help with converting AVI files

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by geoffatmhg, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. geoffatmhg

    geoffatmhg Guest

    I have some movies that are saved in AVI format. I have converted them to
    what appears to be VOB files but Nero wont burn them to a DVD disc for
    playing on my DVD player. The burn icon is grayed out. The software is fine
    it burns other images & data.

    For some unknown reason there are also a load of Mpeg files saved but my
    player will not support that format or AVI.

    Yes I know I can buy a player that will do that, But surely there must be a
    way to burn them into a format that my Panasonic DVD recorder will read.

    I am new to this so please keep it simple or point me to a site that can
    help an silver-haired oldie.

    Thanks in advance

    Geoff

    --
    Genuine replies please remove Z from address

    geoffatmhg, Feb 1, 2006

  2. geoffatmhg

    Kenny Guest

    DVD Santa or WinAvi.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Feb 1, 2006

  3. geoffatmhg

    Bob Guest

    On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 17:28:28 +0000 (UTC), "geoffatmhg"
    <> wrote:

    >I have some movies that are saved in AVI format.

    Convert them to a DVD with WinAvi.

    --

    "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
    I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

    Bob, Feb 2, 2006
  4. geoffatmhg

    Bob Guest

    On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:11:09 -0000, "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >DVD Santa or WinAvi.

    DVD Santa is slow. WinAvi is fast.

    But be sure to load the latest codecs.

    Bob, Feb 2, 2006