Help with connecting 2 computers

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Starvoyager, Mar 29, 2008.

  1. Starvoyager

    Starvoyager Guest

    HI, I have a emachines desktop with Vista premium and a Alienware notebook
    with Xp Home. I need to sync files between the two machines and I cant find
    any specific info on how to do it. My desktop is connected to a comcast cable
    modem with a lynksys wireless router connected. (my brother uses his laptop
    with a internal wireless card to connect to the router). I have a lynksys WI
    FI card for the alienware notebook. How do I link the desktop and the
    alienware notebook?
    The alienware notebook is recognizing the network that I setup on the router.

    Where do I go and what do I do in windows to set this up? Ive been online
    searching for info and I know its probably out there but I cant seem to find
    it.
    I found alot of pages on what I can do but nothing specific on how to do it.

    I hope this doesnt sound stupid cause I know there is a ton of info out there.
    I just need to sync files from one to the other. I downloaded a sync program
    called "beinsync" and I will gladly buy it if I can get a handle on it.
    thanks in advance for any help.

    Greg

    Starvoyager, Mar 29, 2008

  2. Starvoyager

    Ken Triebold Guest

    On the Vista desktop, if you click on Start, then Help and Support, then in
    the search box type in "Sync Files", there is some info that may be of help
    to you. Also, there is lots of info at www.ezlan.net regarding networking.

    Ken Triebold, Mar 29, 2008

  3. Starvoyager

    Starvoyager Guest