help with configuring the Sipura SPA3000

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by john-h@bc.cx, Jun 23, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I recently purchased the Sipura SPA3000 PSTN/VOIP gateway box and although
    it was from a UK supplier, it still came with its North American settings.

    Does anyone have it correctly configured with UK settings? In particular
    the Call Progress tones, the Loop-Break duration and the
    Disconnect-Tone/duration.

    My biggest problem seams to be that the SPA3000 at the moment isn't very
    good at figguring out when a call has ended. For example, with BT, when
    you are having a phone conversation and the other party hangs up, what
    kind of sounds like a quick loop-break followed by what could be a 400hz
    tone lasts for about 25-30 seconds. I think this 400-ish HZ tone might be
    the equivalent of the North American disconnect tone which sounds like a
    fast busy signal. I've tried plugging in 400hz as the disconnect tone but
    no joy. Perhaps I have the tone wrong or the DB level.

    If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    John

    , Jun 23, 2005

  2. Matt Guest

    Matt, Jun 23, 2005

  3. <> wrote:
    > Does anyone have it correctly configured with UK settings? In particular
    > the Call Progress tones, the Loop-Break duration and the
    > Disconnect-Tone/duration.

    Here are the settings that we use:

    PSTN Disconnect Detection:

    - Detect CPC: yes
    - Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes
    - PSTN Long Silence Detection: 30
    - PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
    - Detect Disconnect Tone: yes
    - Disconnect Tone: 400@-30;20(*/0/1)
    - Detect Polarity Reversal: no
    - Detect Long VoIP silence: no
    - Min CPC Duration: 0.085

    International Control:

    - FXO Port Impedance: 370+620||310nf

    Neil

    --
    Neil Stratford [Vipadia Limited - www.vipadia.com]

    Neil Stratford, Jun 23, 2005
  4. Guest

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Matt wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!

    > There are a number of UK specific threads in
    > http://voxilla.com/forum-viewforum-f-14.html

    Thanks Matt, this does look like a very good resource.

    > Matt.

    , Jun 24, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    "Neil Stratford" <> writes:
    > <> wrote:
    >> Does anyone have it correctly configured with UK settings? In particular
    >> the Call Progress tones, the Loop-Break duration and the
    >> Disconnect-Tone/duration.

    > Here are the settings that we use:
    >
    > PSTN Disconnect Detection:
    >
    > - Detect CPC: yes
    > - Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes
    > - PSTN Long Silence Detection: 30
    > - PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
    > - Detect Disconnect Tone: yes
    > - Disconnect Tone: 400@-30;20(*/0/1)
    > - Detect Polarity Reversal: no
    > - Detect Long VoIP silence: no
    > - Min CPC Duration: 0.085
    >
    > International Control:
    >
    > - FXO Port Impedance: 370+620||310nf

    Here are various tone settings I've put into mine, based on the BT SIN...

    Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-16;10(*/0/1+2)
    Busy Tone: 400@-19;10(.375/.375/1)
    Reorder Tone: 400@-19;20(*/0/1)
    Off Hook Warning Tone*: 480@-10,620@0;*(.125/.125/1+2)
    Ring Back Tone: 400@-19,450@-19;*(0.4/0.2/1+2,0.4/2/1+2)

    Ring1 Cadence: 60(0.4/0.2,0.4/2)

    Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK with PR(UK)

    *I don't think the Sipura can do the BT Howler, so this just modifies
    the US tone to run continuously. However, if I could find a detailed
    description of this tone description format anywhere, then maybe it
    could.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Jun 30, 2005